or Connect

Posts by TCN

I've been away for a bit, but I don't see where this has been discussed . . . I've been buying Samuelsohn Talbots because they're cheap, well made, and fit me like a glove. The Talbot is a 2 button double vent notch. Well, I just tried the Samuelsohn "Gable", and was so impressed with it that I picked up one. The Gable is cut a bit more snug than most Samuelsohns (I'm usually a 42L, but went up to a 44L in the Gable), is a 2 button SB, double vent, peak, with a...
Have you tried a shotgun?
I own the pebbled-grain version, and thought they were C&J. Great shoes, but I should really have bought a half size smaller, they're quite long.
I collect pens, mostly vintage, but I do have a Cartier Diabolo that I like quite a bit. I've also had Richard Binder work on a few old pens. I concur with the advice you've received already, but wanted to add that if there are issues beyond minor scratches in the plastic barrel of the pen, then you really do need to send it to Cartier (or find parts on eBay). Even if the pen was gold or silver, Richard Binder would probably send it out to someone else for that kind...
Quote: Originally Posted by vinouspleasure Here is the benefit of a long wall st. career: - read A Random Walk Down Wall Street - dump edward jones - open up an account with vanguard - buy low cost index funds +1 Vanguard has even added features over the years to help people that don't follow the markets. Great company. 5% is nuts. Let me ask you guys in the financial world the following question . . . given the recent meltdown...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thomas I just want to say you guys are all big-timers. I just carry the green card, nothing else, and some cash for people who don't take AmEx. Now, the green card is the ultimate in reverse sobbery, trad cache. :-) Frost, Charles F.
Quote: Originally Posted by Flambeur You get 24/7 concierge with the platinum also, although they arguably won't work as hard for you. That's exactly it. My boss has the black card, and it's pointless other than the flash value (which is actually horrible when you use it to pay for clients' lunches or dinners and they see it). I downgraded my platinum to a gold, so I still get rewards and a half-assed concierge service. I lost Hertz...
ROTFLMAO Stop! I need air! I'll tell you, the great Kenneth Cole name and quality has been in sharp decline since after lunch on the day they started actually selling shoes. These reviews remind me of the jackasses that criticize tires on the Tire Rack site . . . "These Michelin Pilots, despite being labeled ultra high perfromance could not keep up with my spirited driving style or my Honda Odyssey minivan, and they suck in the snow. Once the snow got to seven...
Congrats EG, If you'll notice, you've found some success with a subtle modification, not the crazy crap we give you grief for. I hope you go in this direction instead of peephole collars.
Brooks in the Pittsfield building.