or Connect

Posts by TCN

Gold monograms are classic. I put them on a navy blazer from Arny's. I'm not as crazy about enameled school crests, but if it's a good looking crest, I think the ol' navy blazer is certainly the place to use them. And actually, I'm liking the idea more and more as I type this. With regard to the BB buttons, while not great, they are MUCH better than many other companies' versions.
Okay, first by way of a disclaimer, I like J. Crew. I've bought stuff from them since it was just a paper catalogue peddling "barn jackets", and I'm completely intrigued by their new practice of partnering with select cool labels. But let me ask the stylish loners among you. Isn't there a little part of you (deep down in places that you don't like to talk about at cocktail parties) that regrets how J. Crew is bringing these once esoteric brands to the mainstream? I...
C'mon, you have to admit it's an intriguing question, and I appreciate the responses both pro and con. Forget the money, Jesus Christ, we're a bunch of spendthrifts whose children will have to take out student loans because of beveled waists. I'll run it by EG and Perry Ercolino just to get their opinions and report back. If it costs $500, WTH, it's keeping me from wearing them now. I also think it would be really fun to try one's hand with a drill press. ;-)
Good choice. I have both, and you're right, you can't go wrong with either, but I prefer my Brigg. Although I enjoyed purchasing the JS more.
I've been told that I can't have a medallion added to my plain-toed RLPL/EG Oundles, so my question is why? Do you agree? My 11.5 Oundles look like boats on my feet, a medallion would go a long way in breaking up the sight plane. Thoughts?
Quote: Originally Posted by A.K.A. Before: First two photos from left to right. After: ($145, incl. new cedar shoe trees). Relatively happy with the experience. The sole edge dressing on one shoe (where the stiches are in the welt) was a bit sloppy and had ragged edges. Easily removed with a razor blade and then edge dressing applied. Still I would have preferred to have them done as well as the shoeshine guys at the airport. The work from...
Well, they have sold Samuelsohn suits for several hundred dollars more than if they just had the Sammy label on them, so I suppose this is par for the course. I love Paul Stuart, but lately it's become a stop for ties and pocket-squares only . . . at least for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bic Pentameter It has been such a long time since I had those shoes. I think that the toe shape was similar to this: http://yfrog.com/ejimg0956nk9j They were not corrected grain, and they fit me just fine. At the time, I didn't give the toe shape a second thought. Bic Ouch! Bic I was with you until the photo. ;-)
The best I've tried are the Johnston & Murphys. The Banana Republics are too flimsy and don't last either.
Quote: Originally Posted by Brucky Where I'm from lawyers tend to wear black suits. With white shirts. No pocket square. Sort of a half-step below black-tie. Works in the courtroom. I think it harkens back to the fact that barristers in England wear black gowns. Judges in the US wear black gowns. In some parts of the world lawyers are required to wear black suits. So I think it's a fact that not only Johnny Cash but also attorneys can...