or Connect

Posts by TCN

Quote: Originally Posted by word Why should this matter anyways... "Paying your dues" permeates everything. People are people. By the way, I hope people are taking this post with the amount of tongue in cheek that it was meant with. "Anyway", but never "anyways".
Quote: Originally Posted by geoffmartin17 Where did you see this? The latest catalogue? Nothing on their site yet Latest Esquire.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria - B Take it back.
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII You see, you didn't need to ask anyone else's opinion at all. I suppose, although I'd like to vet it before I make an ass of myself on the phone. Truth be told, I was hoping for something definitive, which I thought we were trending toward in the begining.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bandit44 Waxed cotton attracts lint, has a petroleum smell, and has to be "re-proofed" for water resistance every couple of years. I owned a Barbour Beaufort jacket that was beautifully made, but I only used it for bird hunting. I would think that for daily use, leather will be more practical and will age better. You used a Barbour for bird hunting in NC? You must have roasted!
Quote: Originally Posted by sonlegoman Does anyone think that the quality of J. Crew's own branded items have gotten better as a result of adding higher quality partners to their catalog? Good question, don't know, I admit that I focus on the outside items now. I assume J. Crew made the shirts that featured TM fabrics, so that's certainly a positive step.
Quote: Originally Posted by geoffmartin17 C+j just signed on? What models will they be doing? Looks like a pebble-grained, double soled, full brogue blucher for $575.
Quote: Originally Posted by phxlawstudent +1. I was going to quip in and say its not even worth faking a Boss. And even if someone did, it might be better! Nice. I've heard that the glue in the lapels of the real ones smells like feces when you burn it.
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw Kind of off topic, but I have a solid navy suit that I would prefer if it had pinstripes. Adding stripes is a standard alteration, right? Actually, I think it's a Mentos commercial.
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesX Pretty sure J. Crew has been main stream for over 15 years. I remember shopping in their Mall stores in late 90s. Could you buy anything but J. Crew branded items 15 years ago? And I think the mall stores started popping up in the early to mid-90's.