or Connect

Posts by TCN

Actually, those are the keys to one of my partner's 550 Maranello - I didn't think my keys with the little savings tabs from the drug store and grocery store, would be as entertaining. Although they are on a nice little silver valet ring. The keys for the 550 actually came with a very cool little black leather pouch that they tightly pack away into, but apparently that was misplaced a few weeks ago.
Quote: Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me. duly noted. Attaboy. And when one of your colleagues does it, ride him mercilessly for using the "defensive reflexive" tense.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay This is what I'm curious about. Other retails seem to have taken a more conservative approach over the last year while J.Crew has taken the opposite. I can't imagine they even stock enough of the stuff to make a HUGE difference, but perhaps it draws people in who then leave with "chinos" and "hoodies".
Best of luck to you. Also, since you're a young lawyer, it's "but apparently NewYorkRanger and I made the top 5", not "but apparently NewYorkRanger and Myself made the top 5". Words and writing are your stock in trade. Never sign a letter "please contact Joe or myself" either.
Quote: Originally Posted by butterflystyle Thank god I can wear regular shoes, I wear a 12/12.5D, I am just 6'3" and it's ALL torso which is kind of unfortunate (I have a 34" inseam). This conversation just took a very intimate, and not totally unwelcome turn. Would you like to come up and see my etchings? ;-) Count yourself lucky, the shoe thing is brutal from what I've seen.
I might have a pair of cheap cap-toes to donate to the trial phase . . .
Now I understand. Interesting.
Quote: Originally Posted by butterflystyle I love me some J Crew. I have to wear tall, which REALLY limits my options, they are one of the few stores that speaks to my preppy aesthetic without being foppish. I would love if it VV made clothes in tall, but unfortunately they do not. Not that J Crews label partners will produce anything in a tall, but if the ethos of moving upmarket provides a source or high quality clothing in tall that's not also big,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Soph J. Crew is my favorite mainstream store especially for certain sweaters. A few years back when they made a big deal about their Loro Piana cashmere sweaters, I bought a few and wasn't thrilled with them. Lots of pilling.