or Connect

Posts by tizim

This thread is probably littered with props for Jay, but I still feel the need to add my own. Just got off a month and a half long e-mail chain with Jay with 30 e-mails. Fit pics were critiqued, multiple pairs of denim were measured on the spot, denim was exchanged, held in limbo by USPS, and shipped all the way to China. I highly doubt Jay made any money after all the costs were factored in, but his patience, customer service, and attention to detail have been remarkable...
Any plans for more point collar shirts in the "beefy Japanese oxford cloth" (especially in white!)?
I saw these at the store. The ones without the weird blots all over them are nice. The color and buttons are great, the fit slim and long-ish (great for tall guys). The material is heavy and doesn't seem to breathe very well, though, so I don't think they'd be comfortable during the summer or if you're gonna be active in them ie dancing. The ones w/ the blotting are just bizarre. I'm not sure what they were thinking with those: they just look defective more than...
Quote: Originally Posted by jarude Just got my first two Gitman Vintage shirts in the mail, and wow. Simple white and blue ocbds, but man am I glad I sold my BoO shirts to get these. Sleeves are a tad short, but the collar and the material can't be beat. Do your blue and white obcds fit differently? I had the grey in M which fit fine, then I got the white in M and it fits significantly smaller! Why would you do such a thing, Gitman?? So now I...
shaftoe looks like one guy i would not mess with
Size 32; I'm 6'2", 180lbs with a 34" waist size:
Those fit you awesome tonio and nice jeans (I think), what's your chest size? Here's me in a medium grey... anyone else have issues w/ the back popping out like that? Seems like Gitman medium-smalls would be popular, someone needs to get on that.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis Overall, nice shirt for a good price. I prefer the seersucker and may send the white one back. I don't think the 3sixteen shop allows returns, only exchanges.
Quote: Originally Posted by Julian84 Just got mine today, the fit is absolutely spot on everywhere except in the back rise. My ass is a bit bigger than most guys I guess, so it feels a bit weird at the moment but I'm otherwise 100% pleased. Yep, got mine yesterday and I kinda have the same issue (not sure if I have a big ass, I prob do). Overall, I love 'em though. The denim is really cool and the fit is great.
Also, I just reread the student's e-mail and I don't get what the fuss is all about. He could've stayed quiet about it, but he has a pretty reasonable opinion about the situation IMO. Sampling classes on the first day seems like a great idea and one that I should maybe start using. He wasn't bitching about the prof's late policy but about the prof's reaction to his tardiness on the first day when it's true that (as he says) a) he wasn't late out of disrespect and b)...