or Connect

Posts by tizim

Those fit you awesome tonio and nice jeans (I think), what's your chest size? Here's me in a medium grey... anyone else have issues w/ the back popping out like that? Seems like Gitman medium-smalls would be popular, someone needs to get on that.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis Overall, nice shirt for a good price. I prefer the seersucker and may send the white one back. I don't think the 3sixteen shop allows returns, only exchanges.
Quote: Originally Posted by Julian84 Just got mine today, the fit is absolutely spot on everywhere except in the back rise. My ass is a bit bigger than most guys I guess, so it feels a bit weird at the moment but I'm otherwise 100% pleased. Yep, got mine yesterday and I kinda have the same issue (not sure if I have a big ass, I prob do). Overall, I love 'em though. The denim is really cool and the fit is great.
Also, I just reread the student's e-mail and I don't get what the fuss is all about. He could've stayed quiet about it, but he has a pretty reasonable opinion about the situation IMO. Sampling classes on the first day seems like a great idea and one that I should maybe start using. He wasn't bitching about the prof's late policy but about the prof's reaction to his tardiness on the first day when it's true that (as he says) a) he wasn't late out of disrespect and b)...
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny_5 The problem among students nowadays is their self entitlement. "I will come to class late if I want, daddy pays $x for me to go here every semester." They think they have a say in everything that occurs on campus and piss and moan about any rule or situation that isnt convenient for them because they think of themselves as customers. I don't really see it as some nasty form of self-entitlement. It's...
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy Doesn't work that way. Not valuing something implies you have no respect for it. A professor is not a traffic school teacher. University students are ostensibly there of their own volition, and to learn. Yeah, there are courses that professors hate teaching because the students are unmotivated. Some very good professors can motivate a rock, and so even in these classes, can produce a critical mass of students who...
Quote: Originally Posted by HRoi i'm surprised at how many people seem to think it's perfectly all right and not disrespectful to walk into a class (or any gathering) an hour late. i thought it was a social norm that showing up late is disrespectful to the person or people who have committed their time for your purposes (in this case, to educate you), and whose time you are now wasting. Mehh just cuz you're late to some event doesn't make it...
BTW, is all this talk about disrespect and stuff here just because it's grad school? I can see how there'd be a master/apprentice dynamic for grad students and their profs, but to extend it to undergrad seems a little too much... In undergrad, shouldn't it be accepted that some students just don't value their prof's time and effort and that this doesn't hint at disresespect? They may appreciate the instructor's contribution, but this is different from valuing it:...
hmm fair points, looks like I'll be going to bed now while coming to terms w/ the fact that I've been a dbag student all my life...
Good thread - it's interesting to hear a professor's side of things. Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy It's disrespectful, that's the problem. You don't show up for practice 15 minutes late and then walk off the field/out of the gym before the coach says so. Same deal. Ok so teaching is oftentimes a burden for profs. Is tardiness a common peeve too? I'm a CHRONICALLY tardy student. Simply put, I'm lazy, and when the alarm goes off in...