or Connect

Posts by BeginnersLuck

Perth aka The most isolated capital city on the planet. (Actually true.)   To the best of my knowledge no-one here actually sells the 1880 collection.
Thanks for your feedback Michael Sy, it agrees completely with everything I have found out so far.   Working with information from this thread it looks like the Mayfair last will suit the shape of my foot in a 9.5.   If I have done the measuring in pretty much the same spot that is, there is no way for me to tell. It concerns me that at that size the shoe seems to fit well but there is ~3cm between my big toe and the end of the last which is about double the...
Hi guys,   New guy here requesting some help.   I have only read a few posts in this thread and already I have seen people in a similar position to me. That being they are lacking a quality bench-made English shoe from their life.   As mentioned by someone previously you can go to David Jones and get a lower end pair of Loakes... So long as you don't mind paying approx 70% markup on the retail price of the shoe.   I have decided I would take a risk and...
Hi folks,   Thank you for clicking into my thread. I appreciate any and all assistance you can provide.   With that in mind I will jump right into what I am asking for so as not to waste anyone's time. You might find what I am trying to achieve interesting though.   What I need:   I need someone who owns a pair of Loake shoes, specifically a style on the Mayfair or Capital lasts, to measure their shoe for me and then tell me what that measurement is as...
Found some info here.