or Connect

Posts by BaldwinP

Reminds me of when Spoo sold those jackets with Bernie Madoff's name on the tag.  If he could have proven they were actually Madoff's I always figured he could have made more money selling them as collectibles.  Or, to people ripped off by Madoff, as voodoo doll material.
Midyear suit buying to refresh the wardrobe a bit:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/331270080513?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT http://www.ebay.com/itm/171392953840?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT   Both are new and unworn but a few years old (probably 10 in the case of the St Andrews, and the tag on the Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece one suggests it's a fall '07 Martin Greenfield-made one).  The St Andrews has come...
About 25 business shirts I think.  I get all my shirts laundered and ironed (a habit that began when I was a bachelor because I was so slow at ironing, and which my fiancée has not dissuaded me from keeping) and so it's cheaper to get that done in bulk, hence I'd often have 10 or 12 or even more shirts go off, and come back a few days later and needed to still have enough shirts left that I wouldn't be stuck without a basic white or basic blue or without a more interesting...
Must admit to having different taste in EGs than most in this thread.  The Dover does nothing for me, the Galway is nice enough but I prefer the Shannon and I just can't get into country calf at all.   For a long time my planned next EGs (after the Westminsters I already have) were going to be the burgundy Inverness, but I must admit the more I see of the Hove the more I like.  Saw this makeup on Double Monk's blog:     and this in Dark Oak on Khakis of...
I like.  What last is the Cheviot II on? (good to see C&J doing more calf and cordovan models in colours other than black and brown).  What colours does the Camberley come in, just black and brown?
Century 21 (the store)
Missed out on a few things this week.  That Oxxford for Caroll & Co SC was going to be a present for my Dad, whoever sniped it
Size on the Sulka robe?  I need something to come down to the ring in for my next fight   (but seriously, I want to know, I could lounge around like a million bucks in that thing when I'm not wearing all my lovely tailored clothing)
 Lack of familiarity, probably.  It's noticeable that different suppliers tend to get waves of MTOs on the same one or two lasts, mostly because they have customers who've had success with that last and want to keep ordering on the last they know fits.  Rain, Forest and Simpson in particular seem to have had that effect, at least on Styleforum.  It's probably a bit self-perpetuating with the suppliers too, since they see a last do well and order their stock shoes on that...
I suspect a lot of people get double monks after they've already got more "basic" shoes in black, and so they're more interested in diversifying their wardrobe. My first double monks were in black, though (C&J Lowndes) because I wanted the versatility of wearing them to work, wearing them to parties, wearing them casually, whatever.  My second pair, E.G. Westminster, are in maple and I definitely wear them less often than the black BUT they are gorgeous and I get a lot of...