or Connect

Posts by ajk170

I just recently re-located to Platte City for my job and need to find a good tailor that can do a few suits and a sport jacket.  Thanks for the input!  I'll check the shop out and take one of the suits to them to see if they can lower the collar.
Those two looks are really close and the fit is what matters - the RBs have a bit more more flash than the others. Good to see you land on one that you like and looks good for you!
Vicious- I think you nail it with the Ray Bans like mr usneum and the others suggest.  The look more finished than the REs.  I think the wayfarer style looks good on you, but those particular ones look like the black rubberized ones, which always like a little cheap IMO.  I submit a tortoise frame would look better on you if you like the wayfarer style.  But the RB 3379 are a lock.
I've got them in the G15- I kinda felt the brown were more popular with the ladies. I went with Amazon- not sure if that's good or bad but my results were positive and they look and feel like the ones I see in Saks, Nordstroms etc and the Sunglass Hut. $80 well spent.  
Well, I think I found the aviator style at a price that I like ... but I get what I pay for so I'm looking at either the Persol 2407 (in 62mm but fairly straight lines at the top and bottom) in gold or the Persol 2993s (57mm in a more classical teardrop shape yet a little flattened at the bottom of the lenses).   I'm thinking the 2407 at 62mm might be too big if the 52mm wayfarer is the right size for my narrow head.  I think it would be the same issue as my D&Gs-...
Ok- So I'm going to go with the 2994 in black but what about this for an Aviator style...http://www.luxoneyes.com/eng/sunglasses/persol.cfm?sunglassid=758330   Try to excuse my simple ignorance (and slight laziness) if there are posts/threads elsewhere warning against this website but this version of an aviator with the matte chrome and tortoise arms (which I like) looks like it has a bit of the Farrell shape in the lenses.  The one I would go for is the 57mm since...
Are Persols 714 the same as 2994?  My gut tells me they're different but it must be very subtle ...
I hadn't thought about that image with the holiday though, when I think about the image that's really what comes to mind.  I guess the unbranded Clubs will work for that purpose if I want that look.  So the Persols 2994 - I'll look for them at the $150 and below but right now they are are >$170s.  Though Persol has some aviator styles as well.  The Mosley's and OPs will be a wait and see for me- the D&Gs turned me off to the >$200 category... It's a lot of money for...
@hoodyear- thanks for the assist on a place to look.  I'l have to keep checking that place since there's no joy right now for the OP Farrells or even Mosley Tribe.  I bought the Dolce's from Sunglass Hut and decided that I won't do that again since I probably over paid by $60-$70.  Amazon has been ok to me, but there is a bit of a risk there in what one might get...  I'll keep surfing around the net for places too.
@Mr. U- I think I'm swayed enough to look into the Persols.  I've been scouring the web but I hate to pay full retail knowing that there's got to be places that sell them for some sort of discount but I don't want to screw myself without asking the question of where are a few reputable places to watch for a deal (is there a thread or a reference guide somewhere, if someone could point me in that direction...)?  My other thought is, would the Wayfarers and the Persols be...