or Connect

Posts by gorgekko

I can't speak to Joseph Abboud these days but there was a time when they used to make some pretty decent sports coats and suits for what they cost. I have a few sport coats from way back from JA and I rather like them a lot. I hear the quality has declined since Abboud himself was pushed out of his company and I haven't seen what he's doing with his new label Jaz.
Quote: Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH I use a Kiwi brush that I bought at Duane Reade years ago. I tried the expensive ones, but I went back to the Kiwi. I feel that the bristles are softer and produce a more "buffed" finish much like that of a piece of silk. The others I felt disrupted the finish more than anything. I use a Kiwi brush as well. I know there are people who will only use horse hair brushes made from the descendents of...
Hmm, now I know what I was missing by going to university in Canada and not having any frats to try and join: massive weekend binge alcoholism and black tie events.
Quote: Originally Posted by Marshall Anthony On me that would probably be a noble but failed attempt but you pull this off nicely.
Quote: Originally Posted by kicno10 @GBer: When you say Hugo Boss suits are frowned upon "here"... where are you talking about? Ideally I'd like whatever I buy now to also fit into my wardrobe for next summer as well. Hugo Boss is generally frowned upon on SF for several reasons but it's generally because of the cut of the suits and the price/quality ratio -- it's more of a lifestyle brand then anything else. I find that the non-American...
This may be the first time in my history I say these words but perhaps renting would be the best idea. I don't know what kind of social circles you run in but the average college/university student doesn't need a dinner suit at all, let alone several times a year. Buying a cheap one (which may be no better than what you can rent) as a bridge to a future point where you can buy a nicer one is merely sinking money into something that you might never be satisfied with and...
Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto OP, if you're interning at a firm that requires suits, I would recommend getting 2 more suits, solids, in either navy, gray or charcoal. You will also require 2 pairs of oxfords, one dark brown, one black, to be worn on alternate days. Pics of the suits would be helpful in judging their appropriateness for a first year intern. Also, what kind of firm is it? Pretty much my standard advice as well. Always start...
Quote: Originally Posted by classicstyle Wow, thanks Westinghouse and Musicguy. You have me pondering now. If I were to consider this would it just be best to do jeans? I don't mind being edgy at times as long as it doesn't seem like I need professional help. LOL Thanks again for everyones input. You've been on this web site for nearly six years and you really think wearing a tuxedo shirt with jeans is a good idea? I will freely admit that...
This guy wins for me:
Quote: Originally Posted by rjakapeanut would you guys mind shutting the fuck up? no one ares how knowledgable you are with weapons or which weapons you'd use in a zombie apocalypse. this is about the walking dead tv show. Go fuck yourself. There, now it's about you.