or Connect

Posts by gorgekko

All I can say is that men have been wearing ventless suits in the United States for at least seven decades, so it's not just a Continental look. It's quintessentially American.
Quote: Originally Posted by Digmenow Okay, this needs to stop. Congratulations are traditionally reserved for the groom. Unless Kisa is a man, use "Best Wishes" to convey your feelings regarding her impending nuptials. Weddings/What is the proper congratulations for bride vs. groom? Sir, I tip my hat to you. Well done.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bounder In honor of the royal wedding -- or should that be Royal Wedding? -- I thought I'd post this picture of the bride's parents who are, gasp, middle class. She and her parents would hardly be the first middle class family to marry into the Royal Family.
Quote: Originally Posted by ter1413 dude...ventless suits are lame.....having a suit w/o vents is not a good idea to have in your "rotation." That's patently absurd.
Quote: Originally Posted by tgt465 I'd like to ignore the bickering too. I am still curious though, and put this question out to anyone reading: what, exactly, is wrong with JC Penney for suiting, particularly for under $150? Okay, this needs to stop. Suiting is the fabric that is used to make suits. Unless you are buying fabric at JC Penney to make suits, use the word "suits" to describe what you are buying. To the OP: Congratulations on...
I don't think SF has become less interesting but this place very nearly turned into a pathetic personality cult for two members -- that made this place less interesting. God help me, but a small part of me does actually miss Ernest. That cat single-handedly spawned several SF memes.
Ordered the Cornflower blue flora and the Paisley light blue pocket squares on Sunday and they arrived today. As usual, kick-ass product by Kent Wang. It's only will power that stops me from an orgy of spending at KW.
Quote: Originally Posted by Flartchy interesting to watch "trads" advise a kid on a prom outfit. My recommendation? Don't get your style guidelines from people who have no idea about your social milieu. What's cool in London probably ain't cool in Albuquerque, and vice versa. Come here to learn about fit, terminology, brands, and fabrics.. but as for style, come up with your own. Perhaps you missed the name of the forum you joined....
At this stage in our evolution as a species I had hoped teenagers would have shown at least a little taste in clothes for their prom. I guess the more things change the more they stay the same.
Is there any reason why you want to wear all black to a prom?