or Connect

Posts by gorgekko

Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscan I have bought from him on ebay in the past (Lattanzi shoes and hermes sweater) and he has always been 200% professional and reliable 200 per cent eh? The average athlete -- a professional -- is only capable of giving 110 per cent. That is remarkable. At any rate, glad to hear for the OP that things seem to be working out.
Quote: Originally Posted by ShaneB I think the overall point is that sloppiness is indicative of poor character: that's why a man in the early 20th century wouldn't be seen dead in a scruffy t-shirt and some old chinos; there are appearances, there are expectations, and there's pride as evinced in your choice of clothing. I get the overall point, I just don't care (or completely agree -- throwing character into this is a bit much). And either...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWGP Do RLPL's get more debrambling than RLBL or blue label? Of course, they cost that much more. But Lauren uses the old Italian debramblers that their suiting industry sold off a few years ago, not the newer ones you'll find in places like the U.S. or Asia.
Quote: Originally Posted by HHainey I was told that the only wool to get is Worsted Wool but that if it says just 'wool' then it will likely be itchy. is this true? Your friend was right. What happens with worsted wool is that all the micro-brambles that are in wool are all removed by a machine called, not surprisingly, a debrambler. That means you can wear it without being itchy. Now a regular wool suit hasn't gone through the debrambler...
Go with God.
I hate to teach critical reading skills but I didn't say I used them exclusively. I use them often, not always.
There is absolutely nothing worse than when someone is doctrinaire on Style Forum. It's like a parody post that writes itself. I use different folds all the time, but I also like using the TV fold. It's a fold that has its use just like all of the others.
Save the black studs for your tuxedo shirt. As for white shirts, no black buttons unless you want to be an individual and we had ways of correcting that in people when I was in the army. IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.  ...
I use TV folds all the time and I never look like I stepped out of an episode of Mad Men. Probably because I also don't wear slim ties and 60s style suits.
I like that one.