or Connect

Posts by Andrew Viny

Another interesting idea.  As a side note... which of the zip-in liners fit the ashby?  They all seem to fit the beaufort or bedale and if the ashby is slimmer it seems like the liner would also be slimmer?
That's a very interesting thought.... I certainly wouldn't be worried about the sleeves being too short... I could pretty much lop off the entire corduroy section and be fine.  (The jacket is QUITE long on me I think).  In the picture below I have my sleeves rolled twice. I don't seem to see the fishing bedale in an XS and I'm already at a small so there doesn't seem to be an opportunity to size down any further.  The other thing is that I think this jacket fits...
Thanks for the reply.  Is the bedale shorter?   Andrew
Hi all, I recently purchased a 9665 Steve McQueen jacket in a small.  I found it to be a hair tight in the shoulders and chest (I feel like that sort of jacket should be more easy going).  I returned it and replaced it with an Ashby (also in a small).  It's absolutely shocking how much larger it is.  It's quite long and although it seems to fit reasonably well in the shoulders, it's terribly baggy in the chest.  I'm wondering if perhaps the bedale would perhaps be a better...
It's all about your personal style man.  If you want to wear a tie every day you can.  I think its about consistency.  If you wear sweats one day and a shirt and tie the next it will look like you're dressing up but if you dress well every day then that will be your look.  I think the look you posted seems kind of formal.  A knit tie or a sweater with a little more texture will dress it down a bit.  I go to Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh is a real working class town....
I just wanted to tell all of you that I had a truly fantastic experience with Pasquale of Alberto & Pasquale Tailoring in Squirrel Hill in Pittsburgh.  I got a very reasonable price for the large number of things Pasquale did for my suit and all of it was done in a very reasonable time frame.  I went in simply to get the jacket and sleeves taken up.  Pasquale made a number of fine suggestions (fixing the roll behind the collar, letting the jacket out a bit above the...
In all honesty you're right... but it's gorgeous and for 95% of the (few) events in my life that I must wear a suit for it will be fine.  I'll wear a dressier tie as you suggest.  I'm 21 years old, it's a suit that's built to last and a style that isn't going to look dated any time soon.  I paid $300 for it, it looks great on me, and I'll wear it as much as I can.  Just trying now to learn how to make it work as well as humanly possible.
Thanks to both of you for your replies.  I bought it because it was VERY heavily discounted and it's really a very nice suit.  I'd like to dress it down a bit if possible.  Any good ways to do that?  Also how do you guys feel about patterned shirts and ties with that suit?  Perhaps a salmon gingham with a sold colored tied for example?
Well it certainly is nice.