or Connect

Posts by TheeTRI-RcR

Quote: Quote: i've never known a white guy who even owned a gun. I plan on purchasing a handgun when I turn 21.  I believe that home defense is important.  I don't live in a high-crime area at all, but there are a few hundred murders in my city each year, and it's good to be prepared to defend yourself if the situation calls for it. A guy I know went to a gun show a few days after his 18th birthday.  For $375, he purchased an AK-47...
Gregory, Sartre does have some alternative works they do, however, get old quick. The great majority of Sartre's work is well outside the realm of what most would define as normal human reality. He is simply to abstract and far out to even begin to put his thinking into context in our world. Sartre worked as a revolutionary during WWII; so for us to even begin to try to understand what/how/why he wrote is just beyond our ability. What Sartre pushed more than any other is...
Quote: but which expresses my meaning--weltanschauung.   This is great. You've studied Guy Debord. I'm just wondering have you read any of Marshall McLuhan or Douglas Kellner? I have just finished, McLuhnan's The Global Village and Kellner's Media Spectacle. If any of ya'll get the chance I suggest both, it might change the way you see the world. I'm working on an undergrad degree in philosophy with a minor in business. I would agree with whoever...
Quote: but which expresses my meaning--weltanschauung.   This is great. You've studied Guy Debord. I'm just wondering have you read any of Marshall McLuhan or Douglas Kellner? I have just finished, McLuhnan's The Global Village and Kellner's Media Spectacle. If any of ya'll get the chance I suggest both, it might change the way you see the world. I'm working on an undergrad degree in philosophy with a minor in business. I would agree with whoever...
Quote: 3.\tMom and dad Okayed the law school thing CT guy after reading your position i can clearly see how you could see this as pompus, arrogant and/or even dick headed. However i want you to that in no way was ment as how you seemed to have interperted it. i do understand the frustration of working and school. im a collegiate distance runner--believe me i know. but unlike you i come home from work--chaffed and exhaused and 2/3 of the time bleading...
[do not go to law school.] why not? how do you quote?
Hey guys, Some real great stuff has come my way in the past few weeks. I read earlier that the majority of ya'll prefer the bulleted posts so here we go-in no particular order. 1.\tGot a friend w/ benefits.. Word... 2.\tI have been elected Student Government President for this up coming academic year 2004-05 3.\tMom and dad Okayed the law school thing 4.\t Ok now the questions, my hair is not very long, it hangs over my ears and I get wings when I wear a hat/visor....