or Connect

Posts by Karl Drogo

Here are long overdue photos of my Indochino Essential Charcoal Suit. This is actually the third version of this order. Version 1 was seen earlier in this thread, months ago, and was a two-button that was actually passable, but needed fine-tuning. Version 2, I never bothered sharing in this thread because it was horrendous. Version 3 is what you see below, and I requested a one-button for a lower stance and actually grew to like the sleek look of one button, and most of...
To be fair, some time between 2012-2013 Indochino upgraded themselves; amongst those upgrades was a move to a digital cutting system, allowing all suits (not just their Vincero line) to have Bemberg linings, BWF collar felts, and Helsa shoulder pads, as well as increasing their custom options to all suits such as contrasting buttonholes and boutonnieres. They never increased the price for this. Now the price is catching up. I simply regard the price increase as a delayed...
Now that the Indochino Essentials Collection starts at $449, it it identical in price and closes the price gap with the Solids from Black Lapel. Might be the time to jump ship.
Visited my tailor today. He gave me some assessments, which I have depicted below. He recommended I reduce the left sleeve length by a quarter inch, reduce the chest by a quarter inch, reduce the front-to-back shoulder measurement by a half inch (see final photo below), and reduce the left-to-right shoulder measurement by a quarter inch. Thoughts on these adjustments? They all easily surpass $75 in alterations, which means I'd have to request a free remake from Indochino...
I just received an Indochino Essential Charcoal Suit and Supervisor Black & Blue Pinstriped Shirt I ordered during the Chinese New Year 20% off sale. Here are the pics. I only got it now because I had put it on hold while Indochino and I tried to work out my fit issues with my Navy Cotton Suit. Recall that unfortunately they ran out of the Navy Cotton Suit material so we couldn't do more iterations and tinkering with it, and proceeded with releasing the Essential Charcoal...
Indochino will refund me once they receive the shipment. Because I typically save the packaging from anything I buy until the product has been fully accepted/integrated into my life permanently, I ended up putting the suits back into one of the original white Indochino boxes I had lying around, and then putting that into the brown cardboard exterior shipping box. I sealed everything up nicely, peeled off all the old labels, put on a new shipping label, and shipped it from...
The need to lengthen both sleeves (right sleeve needs 0.5" added, the left sleeve needs 0.25" added) is enough to warrant the remake. If I did have my tailor let out the sleeves, there would still be a crease from where the end of the cuff was before. I've requested a refund with Indochino, who directed me to ship both suits back to them. Earlier in this thread, I've read about customers who have shipped back their returns in a garbage bag. How do people normally ship...
Unfortunately, I am unable to request another remake of the Navy Cotton Suit, because they have run out of the specific material. Yesterday (before the Ultimate Spring Collection was released) I was offered a chance to get something else in an equivalent price point and wait for the Ultimate Spring Collection to be released later in the day and then make a selection. But as you can see, none of the Ultimate Spring Collection is on the same price point at which I bought the...
Thanks for the reminder. I am still making my way through reading this topic from start to finish and you reminded me of the horror stories where people would receive jacket and pants remakes that were different colours/materials.Seems a bit silly requesting a remake of pants that don't need to be touched, but probably best to be on the safe side.
I just came back from visiting my tailor who assessed me wearing the remade Navy Cotton Suit. He recommends reducing the chest by 1.5" and reducing the abdomen by 0.5". Together, this upper body work would run $65. He then focused his attention to the jacket sleeves, which he recommends lengthening the right sleeve by 0.5" and lengthening the left sleeve by 0.25" (damn my slightly asymmetrical arms). This would run another $30 and would leave a crease mark even after...