or Connect

Posts by CTJoyce

I have been using a mixture of Tailor of Old Bond Street Avocado and Pre de Provence She Butter for my cream. Great scent, excellent lather, leaves my face looking great. I use aloe as a pre shave in the winter and Art of Shaving lemon oil in the summer. I get an excellent shave and minimal breakouts. Also the aloe as a pre shave in the winter really helps with the dry skin. 
  I don't know that I would agree with this. I started with puck of D.R. Harris Lavendar and a puck of Stroppe Shop Black Tie tallow. I have hard water so I knew lathering was going to be difficult no matter what, however after multiple different attempts including a distilled water shave I still prefer the lather I get from a mixture of TOBS Avocado and Pre de Provence's Shea butter cream. Soap vs cream has a lot to do with the water you have as well as skin type more...
First time, and a bit nervous. What I wore to work today.           Peacoat: Express Scarf: Burberry Gloves: Coach Shirt: Thomas Pink Pants: Express Belt: Coach Bleeker Shoes: Aldo Cap Toes Cufflinks: Tiffany 1837 Rounds
I do something very similar to perkynipman. Once out of the shower I comb it into the general shape / style I want and let it dry while I shave. Once done with shaving I use Aveda styling clay to truly shape my hair into the style I want. The thing I like about the clay is that when it dries in my hair it leaves it with a matte finish and I don't get the hard gel look. To me it has a very natural look, however holds very well so it doesn't lose its shape during the day....
  I love a French 75, however I prefer the "Brooklyn Beauty" http://crepesofwrath.net/2012/02/01/the-brooklyn-beauty/   At the moment I am drinking my take on the Vesper Martini.   2 oz Stoli Blue Label (100 proof). 3 oz Hendricks Gin 1/4th oz Lillet Blanc A pinch of quinine powder   All of that with a large lemon peel and served ice cold. 
Oishii is easily the best sushi I have had in Boston. I have now had every specialty maki and sushi on their menu and can tell you they are all worth it, though some of them aren't the most imaginative things in the world. "The" Maki and the Kobe beef and pear maki are my two favorite rolls with the foie gras with truffle being my favorite specialty sushi. I personally haven't had any of the entrees from the kitchen, however I have had a few of the cooked appetizers...
  For bourbon I prefer Woodford Reserve or Knob Creek to makers. They are about the same price as Makers Mark (well $5 more) and in my opinion taste much better. 
Aveda styling clay. Allows you to sculpt your hair into whatever you want but leaves a matte finish instead of a glossy "wet" finish making it look much more natural. I am absolutely in love with this stuff. 
Hello all. I'm a 22 year old Sysadmin / Pentester and figured that I have been lurking for long enough I might as well join. Last year I started a personal transformation around March. I was about 90lbs heavier than I was for most of highschool and decided that had to change before a family reunion in July of that year. I was able to lose 60 lbs by that time and was feeling fantastic. About a month later I ended my relationship with my then girlfriend and one night took...