or Connect

Posts by redboat

Which model and options worked so well for you?
Thanks for this comment, and pointing out the "shiny" issue. Will the 40% component that is regular wool tone down the shininess? San Francisco is a pretty informal town, but I'm not looking for something that would give the impression I might start hip-hopping at any moment.
Any opinions on this 60/40 mohair/wool suit? I've heard Lardini makes decent stuff, and mohair is supposed to have some advantages as a fabric. Any opinions on the brand or fabric? I'm 5'10.5", 150 lbs, and would buy the size 38.   With the additional 10% discount that Yoox is offering, the suit would cost me $402. Decent price? http://www.yoox.com/us/49137333TX/item?dept=clothingmen#sts=sr_clothingmen80&cod10=49137333TX&sizeId=3
Any opinions on this 60/40 mohair/wool suit? I've heard Lardini makes decent stuff, and mohair is supposed to have some advantages as a fabric. Any opinions on the brand or fabric? I'm 5'10.5", 150 lbs, and would buy the size 38.   With the additional 10% discount that Yoox is offering, the suit would cost me $402. Decent price? http://www.yoox.com/us/49137333TX/item?dept=clothingmen#sts=sr_clothingmen80&cod10=49137333TX&sizeId=3
The upper button on these jackets will roll down. It is not meant to be buttoned. I'm not sure why they are always shown with the upper button closed. It's misleading and makes it hard to see exactly how the jacket will look when you wear it.
Definitely.
I ordered a soft-shouldered unstructured Tagliatore sport jacket recently from Yoox and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality. Similar to Boglioli in terms of construction, sizing, and the lay of the fabric. It is unlined with carefully taped seems, working cuff buttons, and a wonderfully soft fabric. I'm pretty thrilled by how great it looks on me.   I'm 5' 10 1/2", 152 lbs, with a 40.5 inch chest, and I usually take a jacket with a 17.5 inch shoulder measurement...
Great looks on that one, although 47 mm might be on the large side for some. The link says you can make a sapphire crystal request for $0. Any idea what that about? 
(Delete)
Brown tweed and blue jeans can be a great look.