or Connect

Posts by haganah

Do they make them in smalls? Also, Thurston only sells multi-fit online. Aside from ASW, anywhere else to get sized ones?
How does Pierre of Paris compare against Cardelino? I haven't used either. Assume more complicated work like shortening sleeves from the shoulder, altering sleeve pitch, or shortening the jacket itself without throwing balance off.
Well this thread is also on black lapel. With the upgrade to full canvas, they would be the same price almost no? And they offer alterations and remakes, etc. So on what level then is PS better? I'm not asking rhetorical questions; I want to know since it isn't making sense.You are right in that there are a lot of positive reviews. Unfortunately, almost all of the positive reviews are from people who received the product for free.I am not creating a negative review,...
So you have just confirmed what I said.The way to improve the fit in MTM or even bespoke is with the number of fittings, adjustments, etc. It's not a bad thing to have additional fittings.Propersuit measures you once and based on the fact that they have a couple of people who "understand fit" (not master tailors mind you, just guys who "understand fit") they pump out a perfect fit. Although commissions improve over time, you're stretching considerably to make it seem as...
So let me get this straight. Proper Suit will make you a suit. And if they need to make alterations, they won't pay you back for it. In fact they will rarely even offer a "re-make". All they will offer you is credit towards a next suit. So you end up with at one definitely shitty suit but will be incentivized to purchase another possibly shitty suit. Did I get that right? Because if I did, this is ingenious on their part and not quite so genius on your parts.
You can always bargain. The price is the price you want to pay. I doubt you will find an expert on everything there that knows what market value is for everything. Anyway, it's fun to walk around there.Versailles is where I would send anyone visiting Saudi Arabi...I mean Paris.
Why?It's only huge if you really feel like going into the seedier parts and you can clearly tell when that starts to happen.
Here's my advice: Get out of that hell hole as fast as you can - take the train to Versaille even. Spend time in that town or on the camp ground or go on the tour of the estate. If you insist on staying, stop by the Rodin museum. The bookstore you like is a bit cute I suppose, but the tourists in it are not. The flea would be a lot more interesting than going to the Eiffel tower and getting harassed by the Senegalese souvenier hawkers. And if you're impressed by...
Yes on black tie.The issue is I need a waistcoat to match a tuxedo in that fabric with grosgrain lapels. Yes I understand that if it's not the same cloth, from the same roll, etc. it won't be a match. But it is what it is.I was thinking of just asking Ercole to do it. No clue if he would have anything similar.
It was silly to have made a completely separate thread about this as I am sure it'll be easier to get answers in here. Kiton has a 14 micron super 180s fabric. If I wanted this in black, or something very similar, what are my options?