or Connect

Posts by BCer

Ya with the way the raw denim marks up these boots, what happens when the wearer climbs into a buddy's car with tan seats, or happens to drop into Mom's place with the cream coloured woven couch? Or the kitchen island with the stools with the off-white canvas seat-cushions? I'd be terrified of making enemies with everyone I know! Leaving a trail of blue stains wherever I go...honestly!?
I'm not an expert on here by any means, but have a fairly large collection of good leather shoes and boots. In my opinion, these are fine leather work boots, not highly polished dress shoes. The leather is the skin from an animal. It's going to vary. If you wear these a half dozen times, I don't think you'll remember what this issue even was. And it's the tongue - when was the last time anyone looked at your shoes and said "oh, what happened to that tongue?" It's...
I live in Canada, and don't seem to get their mailings. Could someone PM me the code? VERY much appreciated!!
Probably why they've worn out fast too...the cobbler has to sand the leather sole slightly before applying the glue and topy. Get a new cobbler...as said previously.
I just sent you a PM. Check it out.
I too am lucky enough to be able to zip across the border from the Vancouver area to pick up packages in WA. But my first thought when I read your post was "wow, someone in Montreal with nice shoes!" I was in Montreal for a business trip in January, and took a pair of Bayfields and RedWings freshly treated with HDLP, and a pair of walnut Strands for the one formal event in the hotel we were staying at. One thing I noticed in the salty, snowy, slushy weather there,...
As you can see, they are stunning! The burnishing came out great, which is somewhat tricky for bourbon shoes.  BUT as we have seen with recent MTOs, there were some mistakes that I have brought to Allison's attention… maybe she grades the shoe manufacturers on following instructions. The edges are supposed to be toasted, not brown. This is one issue that saddens me as I was really looking forward to the uniqueness of toasted edges. And the other is the sock liner color,...
My bet is, they tweak the uppers a bit, and throw on some acceptable soles, and re-launch the EC under a totally different name. The EC name is tainted by the disastrous look the first time around. So rather than try to overcome that, they'll call it something different. And because of the season we're going into, it likely won't happen til Aug/Sept. I'll put money on that scenario. And someone on this thread is going to be first to say "Hey that's my MTO they're...
I've topy'd all of the above, with no issues and a whole new world of confidence! I too found leather soles picking up shards of glass I never knew existed on streets and sidewalks prior to my unprotected AE's. And in our climate (Vancouver area) we get rain, rain, and sometimes even more rain. Lol. I found myself getting up in the morning and looking out to the street to see if it was wet, before choosing my wardrobe and shoes. Now with almost everything I own...