or Connect

Posts by Monkeyface

Tom Ford is vastly different from Armani when it comes to construction/fabric quality. The cut of TF is very hard to mimic, so if you're a fan of that you'll have to go there, despite the cost. The cut of a contemporary Armani suit isn't anything special, nor is the construction quality. If you could by a Ferrari for 300k, and the exact same car but not called Ferrari for a 100k, knowing that no one would ever know the brand unless you tell them, would you really go for...
BNWT, never worn! The Rudy fit is a special order, original price $225, professional pictures can be seen here: http://epauletnewyork.com/products/slim-walt-trouser-navy-irish-linen   Price drop to £75->£65, and the price now includes shipping within UK.   Original measurements: Waist: 35" (has been let out by 1" to 36", but can be taken in as much as you want) Thigh: 13.5" Leg opening: 8.5" Rise: 12.5" Inseam: 34" (has been shortened to 31.5" with 2"...
Thank you for the interview! Wish they came to London.
 Yeah, I got lucky last time, but that might not be the case this time. I might just shell out for a Carmina MTO (maybe in black shell), but that will probably cost me double.
If anyone would like to buy a true navy S110s Napoli suit in 38R, send me a PM. It has a very small scratch on the breast pocket, but it is hardly visible, otherwise it looks great! New price: £349, selling for £149. You can't find a better deal anywhere else. Selling because it's gotten too small for me. [[SPOILER]]
 That's probably the best advice when it comes to squares. I'd make one exception, which is a plain white linen square for very city fits (dark worsted suits and oxfords), as that never looks out of place. 
 Haha, I usually fold those inside! The fact of the matter is that I'll be wearing black oxfords for 5 days of the week, so it doesn't really make sense to have 8 pairs of brown shoes and only 2 pairs of black shoes. I'm selling some of my brown shoes so that I can buy some more work appropriate shoes/suits. The boots are also slightly too big. They're fine with some thick socks, but it's just annoying. I might just order the boots again in black, because the design is...
 Ha, just before I edited my post! Sorry about that. It's on the Olfe last, size 10.5UK. It's unfortunately slightly too big for me, which is why I'm selling them. I also had a local cobbler put metal toe taps on the soles, so they won't wear as quickly.
If anyone would like to buy a dark brown calf/double leather soled Austerity boot MTO, please PM me. Olfe last/size 10.5UK. Worn about 15 times in total, no QC or lasting issues. 315GBP.   [[SPOILER]]
 I suppose it depends on the mix. The one I had was 50/50, and it was impossible to use the foo fold, as it would bulge out of your pocket. Try to do it with a linen square to see the effect, it doesn't really work. The higher the cotton content/the lower the fabric weight, the more useful the hanky, as most linen squares only work with a nice TV fold.