or Connect

Posts by Monkeyface

Finally brought my coat to the tailor. The sides and collar were taken in. Here's a quick pic, but I'm planning on wearing it mainly with grey flannels. The way Luxire made it means I can wear it as a 6x2 or 6x1, depending on how 80s I feel.
Chocolate brown wool or cashmere ties, possibly with a stripe or larger medallions, but the texture alone should be enough. Make sure your shirts have some texture as well, such as end on end or a dressier chambray.
I'd like to get a black grenadine one of these days.   
 That looks pretty bad to be honest. It's too short to be a dress shirt, and the buttons don't make it a polo either. I'd return it and ask for a remake, if I were you.
 I might join to see what all the fuss is about, but why does everyone hate everyone and everything there? Is there some history I'm missing?
It's a pink shirt with a very rough texture, but yeah, I would have preferred an OCBD as well, even though you'd never see a Brit wear a button down collar with a country jacket/suit. I wonder what the 'rules' say about that?I'd love to own a pair of Belgian loafers, but they're hard to get outside of the US. These dainite soled brown suede loafers are my bad weather shoes.Anyway, you're right, it's not an ideal fit. I really need to get some textured leather bad weather...
 Agreed, if I'm fortunate enough to have kids and the funds to pay for their education, I would certainly do it. I'd give up a lot of things, holidays, nice suits, whatever, in order to make sure they can go to any school they want to. Of course, the costs of education in the US are insane, but that's what you get when the government lends as much money as necessary to students. It becomes a vicious cycle of the schools raising their tuition and students having to borrow a...
At the moment debt is very good. If you want to buy a house, get a mortgage now, and do it fast, because money is virtually free. This is literally an unprecedented situation. As soon as interest rates start rising, mortgages rates will start rising as well. At the moment, the market is pricing the first Fed rate hike to be around October-November 2015, with hikes of about 25bps every other month. I wouldn't be surprised if the Fed starts a couple of months earlier...
 Indeed, PRL. I only shoot things with a camera in London. I do miss being in the Scottish country side, and the real shooting and hiking that goes with it. 
 Cheers, it's fully functional. It has an action back as well, so it used to be my shooting jacket. Unfortunately, I don't have many opportunities to do that in London.