or Connect

Posts by Monkeyface

I haven't worn this suit for over 6 months, so it's a little dusty. This is take 2 for the Friday Challenge, but I prefer my first entry. It's based on the Great Wave off Kanagawa, probably the most famous Japanese woodblock print. I was planning to take a picture on the beach for this, but unfortunately it's raining today,  
 I've sold 4 suits, a couple of jackets, some trousers and a couple of shoes last month. The best way is attractive pricing and good advertisement. When I sold suitsupply I put my suits in the suitsupply thread, meermin in the meermin thread, etc. I'd say only 10% of my sales have come from marketplace threads, so that's not a reliable way of selling.  Also, most people on SF are bargain hunters, and won't buy anything over $350. All of my stuff priced under this has been...
 Wow, thank you so much for all of your suggestions! You just made my weekend. You're right on the money about Angel's Share. I absolutely love their drinks, especially the ones using their own infusions. I'm glad to hear they're still adhering to the same standards. It'll be in about two weeks time, so I think I'll be able to get reservations for one of the Japanese restaurants you mentioned. I'll definitely check out Dead Rabbit. It'll be convenient because I wanted to...
 Yeah, they are, but they're twice price. Seeing as Rudals is saving up for all of his Formosas and maybe SuitSupply suits, I thought it might be prudent to recommend something that doesn't break the bank. Besides, it's nice to have some 'beater' shoes that still look great. 
 I'll have to take the subway from Times Square to about 20th St every single day for the rest of the month, in full CBD. Who in their right mind books a hotel in the middle of Times Square?
I know this thread mainly exists for Manton and others to complain about the humidity, but does anyone have some good restaurant/drinks recommendations?   It's been over a year since I've been in NYC, and I know things can be fast paced there. I already made reservations for the NoMad because I enjoy their chicken for two so much and the location is convenient, but my GF is part Japanese and doesn't really eat their cuisine all that often, so I'd like to take her to a...
 Cheers, AAC. Your outfit today is very nice as well, it certainly makes up for the pinstriped jacket yesterday! The shirt is from Luxire, http://luxire.com/products/pale-blue-cool-linen-cotton
Friday challenge X-post:I love ukiyo-e and I hope to own a couple of original prints one day, but until then some pocket squares will have to do. I used the colours, material and the spring cherry blossom depiction of the woodblock print on this cotton Udeshi pocket square as my inspiration. Of course I'm also wearing the aforementioned hanky! Cotton/linen SC, cotton/linen shirt, cotton/linen tie, cotton PS, cotton socks and linen trousers.  [[SPOILER]]
 Seems like you've found a fantastic tailor! I'm sure it'll turn out well, and don't forget to post a picture of the result. Hope you'll have a fantastic day on Tuesday!
I love ukiyo-e and I hope to own a couple of original prints one day, but until then some pocket squares will have to do. I used the colours, material and the spring cherry blossom depiction of the woodblock print on this cotton Udeshi pocket square as my inspiration. Of course I'm also wearing the aforementioned hanky! Cotton/linen SC, cotton/linen shirt, cotton/linen tie, cotton PS, cotton socks and linen trousers.  [[SPOILER]]