or Connect

Posts by Monkeyface

But canvas does provide structure. Thats the whole point of it. Again, if you want an extremely light weight SC go completely unstructured (which means no canvas whatsoever) and unlined. Half canvassed means there is canvas in the chest region and fusing for the rest, so it wouldn't make any difference when it comes to warmth compared to full canvas.
Wrinkly linen is too casual for my office. I'd have to get heavy linen shirting, and then you might as well get cotton.
Why would you go for half canvas/half fused for a sportcoat when full canvas is available? Either go full canvas or completely unconstructed. Half canvas won't be any lighter then full canvas.
 That jacket is bad because of the button stance, but a DB isn't more formal than an SB.
 I used to drop them off at the drycleaners, until I realised I was spending about $150/month it. Now I just put on a show I've been meaning to catch up on, and iron a week's worth of shirts. Takes me about  45 minutes for 7 shirts. I'd probably pay for the drycleaners if I didn't have so many shows to catch up on. 
Yeah, I might get a heavy flannel suit, but completely unlined, so it won't be too hot for indoors. Unfortunately, modern day heating does not take into account old fashioned cloths.
Just get one of the ones I pointed out. This babyue one won't be very versatile. You can only wear it when it's sunny out.
I really can't do that. I sit for 12 hours long, from right before the financial markets open till to a couple of hours after they close.It's just way too uncomfortable. I've done it once, and my jacket was a winkly mess after that. The sleeves, the back, etc. it looked like I had slept in it. I suppose it works if you sit perfectly upright all day long, without ever leaning back.
You even wear your coat when you're sitting behind your desk all day? Doesn't it get very wrinkly in the back and sleeves because of that?That ironing method looks nice, but much too complicated. Might as well drop it off at the dry cleaners.Anyway, after wearing it for 5 minutes it'll be full of wrinkles again. I have some heavy linen pants, they're warmer than my fresco ones, but they're still full of wrinkles after wearing them for a couple of minutes. Would never wear...
 I don't get how linen can be better than cotton. I have some pretty nice linen shirts, some heavier than others, but they're all much more wrinklier than their cotton counterparts. This is nice for very casual fits, but not for CBD fits. Yes, they do soften a little after many washes, but they'll never be as soft as cotton. So, linen is undeniably wrinklier, harder to iron and rougher than cotton. I get that it has its place in a wardrobe, but I wouldn't make them my main...