or Connect

Posts by Monkeyface

Thanks for the discussion guys. I'll definitely have to put some more thought into this, as it's not an easy question. I just had this sudden realization where I saw myself in 5 years time with lots of expensive clothes that I won't wear frequently enough to justify the cost. That made me think, and that's how I got to this discussion. When it comes to making $500k+ before you're 30, it's not entirely unachievable if you're working in the right division of a big...
It does bring me joy, but perhaps not enough to justify the cost. All that extra money I would save could be used on traveling with loved ones for example, which I'm sure I'd enjoy more. Or save up more for a rainy day, or invest so I can create a steady stream of income next to my salary.For example, I have 12 pairs of shoes at the moment, but I don't wear most of them. During the week I wear black cap toes, of which I have four pairs. So, for during the weekends I'd need...
Surely you meant to say you have a big wardrobe compared to the average person? I think you really overestimate the amount of money the average person spends on clothes.Most guys I know have 3-4 suits, no blazers or odd trousers, 10 shirts, 5-10 ties and 3-4 pairs of shoes, and they all make $200k+ without any children or a mortgage. They'll have maybe 2 or 3 pairs of jeans or chinos, a couple of sweaters, t shirts and OCBDs for casual wear, and that's about it.The...
Interviews aren't about what you wear, they're about you. That's why you want to take away anything that can distract from that. You don't want them to remember your burgundy shoes, you want them to remember you. Once you have the job you can wear other things, but for interviews you should always be conservative. You've asked this before and many people have said this already. Good luck!
Dark brown, we've discussed this already. Be as conservative as possible.
Wouldn't the size of the cuffs be best determined by the size of the pocket flaps and lapels? Big cuffs with tiny lapels and pockets looks funny, and vice versa.
 It was awesome. Best portrayal of relativity, time dilation, etc. in a Hollywood movie ever. The visuals of the black hole were amazing. Some individual frames took over a 100 hours to render and the total visuals combined were over 800 terabytes. It's the most accurate render of a black hole ever, and they're publishing papers based on it. I find it funny when people say the visuals sucked or the physics are inaccurate when Kip Thorne, 30 others and thousands of...
It's very difficult. Showing it with pictures and drawings helps, alongside with a tailor's comments. I've spoken to a tailor on Savile Row about this, and I think I'm just going to send in a pair of well fitting trousers next time. Luxire is still an excellent deal (provide they can copy something perfectly), as a pair of bespoke trousers starts at around £500 for the cheaper tailors, and that doesn't include nice fabrics such as Minnis or H&S.
Changing your half hip will do very little for getting rid of the wedgie. Trousers are 3D while we're using 2D measurements, which is why it's so tough to get it right. You'll probably have to change the curve of the seat and alter the rear fork.
I kind of reminds me of Justin Bieber. It's a shame he's ruined a perfectly good haircut for a whole generation.