or Connect

Posts by Monkeyface

Some business casual:
Obviously the crease isn't straight when they've just traveled 1000s of miles folded in a box. Here's after hanging the trousers for a night, no press yet:
I can hardly tell myself it's there, and I know where to look. I work in a pretty conservative environment, and believe me, I wouldn't have done it if it were very obvious. As long as the thread matches precisley and the fabric is somewhat textured no one will notice.What do you mean by iron? You'll have to press your trousers every so often, but less than you would a regular pair, because the crease is always there.
Yep, you're better off just buying my nearly new Lazio.
 You can see it in the last pic, the crease is sewn in from top to bottom. This helps the trousers drape better, and makes sure your crease is always sharp. As long as you use matching thread it's hardly visible. Pleats were a comfort decision.
 Cheers! I get they're not everyone's cup of tea. Getting wider trousers has been the biggest revelation for me in 2014. They look better on me and they're so much more comfy than RTW, which was always a bit too tight in the quads, even with alterations. The pleats are mainly for extra comfort when sitting down, as I (unfortunately) spend about 12 hours in a row sitting in front of my screens every day. When you wear a jacket they're hidden from sight, not that I think...
 I sent in trousers where the pleats weren't too small, and asked them to take a look at it and copy it exactly, which they've done expertly!
 Yeah. You can remove most stains, but it's a bitch and takes a very long time. With leather shoes you can just wipe them, brush them, and put on a quick 5min polish every so often. Once you've taken the hour or so to get that nice mirror polish (not just toe cap, everyhwere), it only takes a couple of minutes to get them to shine again. Suede has to be cleaned with soap and brushed and weatherproofed again and then there's still no guarantee the stain is removed. Besides,...
I believe I saw that some of you were looking to make Luxire trousers. Here is the result of sending in your own trousers with some adjustments.  Details: Dugdale flannel, double pleated, sewn in crease (military crease), coin pocket, side adjusters, slanted 2" cuffs, and 9" leg openings. Good luck finding that RTW for $99. Now obviously they need a pressing to smooth out all of the folds and wrinkles from shipping, but I thought I'd post some quick fit pics:  [[SPOILER]]
My trousers from the sale just arrived, and I'm incredibly impressed. Hats off, Luxire, you managed to nail the fit and executed all of my requests perfectly! Details: Dugdale flannel, double pleated, sewn in crease (military crease), coin pocket, side adjusters, and slanted 2" cuffs.   Now obviously they need a pressing to smooth out all of the folds and wrinkles from shipping, but I thought I'd post some quick fit pics: