or Connect

Posts by Monkeyface

Dude, your pants are the worst. That's not due to your legs being hard to fit, but due to the tailor not knowing how to properly cut and shape pants. A RTW pair of pants from Uniqlo or H&M for 50 bucks will fit you better. Anyway, I give up. Either you take our advice, or you stop asking for it. Here's a pic of me in $10 H&M pants: Here's a pic of me in $15 H&M (a bit short, but that was my own hemming mistake, was an easy fix) and a $100 Suitsupply jacket:  
There's a big range between perfect and terrible. You're on the bottom end of that spectrum. Aim to have at least an above average fit. Also, don't insult your tailor by showing our harsh comments. You're not paying much, so you can't expect much either. There aren't really any deals in bespoke, you get what you pay for. bNtailor might be the exception, but I'm assuming they'll raise their prices soon.
The suit already has its main shape, so not much can be changed. The fact that their initial fittings were so bad should be tell you enough about their quality.
Why don't you put that money together and get one or two excellent suits? Quality over quantity.
Moleskin is a heavy cotton, so should drape very cleanly. Not wrinkle prone at all compared to most cottons. Compare your pictures to voxsartoria's pics. I'm not saying yours should be as nice or as clean, but it's a good example. Claghorns BNtailor stuff is also a good example.
Ironist, that looks terrible for bespoke. So many wrinkles everywhere. The trousers are way too tight, the fabric can't even drape cleanly, causing them to stack like jeans. The sleeve pitch is off, but that can be fixed. The way they correct for your dropped shoulder seems odd as well. I've seen bespoke on people with dropped shoulders, and a good tailor is usually able to hide it quite well. I think this tailor makes it more obvious. I hope you're not paying too much for...
I don't think there was much thought behind the dress code, as it's as unofficial as it gets. It's not company specific, but sector specific. One theory I have is that bankers became targets during the London riots, so people were told to dress as casually as possible, in order to blend in with the general public. The current dress code is a remnant of that. Combine this with the business casual dress code that I believe was implemented around the same time, and you get...
For work and for wearing without a tie.
 I used to, but I've mostly corrected it. Couple more months of exercises and they should be ok.
 Thank you, Cleav. Congrats on the 25 years btw, a momentous and joyous occasion. I hope you'll celebrate it properly. Chalk stripe is a no-no, and I've quickly come to realise that nearly any kind of striped suit needs a tie. They're too businesslike to be worn without. It's not ideal, but solid/textured/herringbone suits can get away with it.