or Connect

Posts by Monkeyface

I sent in trousers where the pleats weren't too small, and asked them to take a look at it and copy it exactly, which they've done expertly!
 Yeah. You can remove most stains, but it's a bitch and takes a very long time. With leather shoes you can just wipe them, brush them, and put on a quick 5min polish every so often. Once you've taken the hour or so to get that nice mirror polish (not just toe cap, everyhwere), it only takes a couple of minutes to get them to shine again. Suede has to be cleaned with soap and brushed and weatherproofed again and then there's still no guarantee the stain is removed. Besides,...
I believe I saw that some of you were looking to make Luxire trousers. Here is the result of sending in your own trousers with some adjustments.  Details: Dugdale flannel, double pleated, sewn in crease (military crease), coin pocket, side adjusters, slanted 2" cuffs, and 9" leg openings. Good luck finding that RTW for $99. Now obviously they need a pressing to smooth out all of the folds and wrinkles from shipping, but I thought I'd post some quick fit pics:  [[SPOILER]]
My trousers from the sale just arrived, and I'm incredibly impressed. Hats off, Luxire, you managed to nail the fit and executed all of my requests perfectly! Details: Dugdale flannel, double pleated, sewn in crease (military crease), coin pocket, side adjusters, and slanted 2" cuffs.   Now obviously they need a pressing to smooth out all of the folds and wrinkles from shipping, but I thought I'd post some quick fit pics:  
Don't wear them when it's below freezing and there's salt on the roads. Suede is fine in the rain, but can't really handle dirt that well. I'd say something like a pebble grain with a thick rubber sole is much more suitable for dirt and salt.
Ian, I disagree with that. When you wear convertible cuffs as a barrel cuff there's no way to tell they're convertible, and with cufflinks they're nice too, as double cuffs can be a bit bulky. Besides, single cuffs used to be quite common, so it's not like you're breaking a 'menswear rule'.
All of my MTM shirts have convertible cuffs. I can either wear them as a normal barrel cuff, or as a single cuff with cufflinks. I quite like the versatility, although I mostly opt for the barrel option these days. 
 I'm doing it in parts. The replicated flannel trousers will arrive tomorrow, (just $99 in the black Friday sale) and if those are satisfactory, I'll send in a SP jacket to be copied in the same fabric. I won't change much, only lower the buttoning point slightly and make the jacket longer by the same amount. So I guess if you're a 52 in SP you could use my pattern when it's done (might take a while though).
Take 2 of the T-neck. Formal vs. Casual:     vs.   
 I think a light tie like that only works with a white shirt. It kinda blends in with the light blue shirt atm. The coat/hanky look good from what I can see.