or Connect

Posts by Monkeyface

He spent all of his money on hair dye.
I can't comment on quality or workmanship, but I'd recommend you to focus on creating attractive lasts.Have a look at the shoesnobblog for example, and the many examples of bespoke shoes on there, in particular those from Japanese bespoke makers. The last shape is probably the single most important determinant for creating an attractive shoe.
A tailor could easily close the buttonhole in the trousrr cuffs, move the button and make a new hole. Either way, it would of course be cheaper if suitsupply delivered their trousers with an unfinished hem, as has been common practice for as long as RTW has existed. The same goes for the working buttonholes on the sleeves.
As long as you're not actively making love to those shoes.On a more serious note, it seems like a bit of a formality mismatch. I'd expect to see punch cap toes on an Oxford or a relatively formal Derby. Chukkas look best with a plain toe, and a slightly less rounded last.
What's up with those shoes, Clags? Blobby punched cap toe chukkas? I know you don't like spending much on shoes, but here they're actively detracting from an otherwise nice fit.
Those look awesome. Are they a standard model you can buy directly from Vass or are they MTO?
Are they on a new last?
Those look great! Any chance of a black or navy leather one?
 Why does a shoe colour make you sick to your stomach? Hell, navy shoes look like black indoors anyways, so it's virtually the same. So, if you've got a dark navy you don't really need black shoes. Some looks will always look best with black shoes though, but I can imagine you're not interested in wearing those anyways.
Didn't have any matching thread, as it's quite a specific colour. Either way, it's going to be noticeable, so instead of trying to hide it but failing at it, I might as well make it something that stands out a bit. I'm sure it'll fade a bit over time though.