or Connect

Posts by Monkeyface

You give him way too much credit. I'm sure he'll like you stroking his ego though. Expect to see in it his Twitter soon.
So, a general update on the Sashiko jacket. I've washed the jacket several times it in scaldingly hot water. This has caused the whole jacket to shrink, which means the shoulders fit much better now, as the measurement has decreased by about .5-.75". The difference in fit is very noticeable, which means I was right about the across back measurement being too big.   The sleeves are a bit shorter now, as is the length of the jacket, but it's still within the acceptable...
 It's a pretty heavy jacket, so a bit more expensive. It's worth it to have someone take a look at it first. If it's just taking in the collar it shouldn't be too expensive.
I'm not going to send it back, as shipping would cost the same as having someone fix it locally, if it's fixeable. Better to have someone here take a look at it first then trying to take pictures and analyse over the Internet. That's why I deleted the pics.I'll happily share the results of course, and maybe it'll be of some help?
So how come you missed the collar being several inches bigger? Just a general question, because I'd like to avoid it next time. Should we send body measurements along with the jacket? Maybe pictures of the jacket being worn?I'll have a Savile Row tailor take a look at the jacket next week, let's see what he says. It's always good to get another perspective.
If it makes you feel any better, I agree with you. Those outfits were awful.
Ha, you're right! My bad!
Nope, because I'll have to pay for shipping, and I'm not interested in sinking any more money in this.
Again, I expected a big difference in the way the fabric behaves. I did not expect the massive collar gap, the wider shoulders (we're talking about the measurement across the upper back here) and difference in the lapel shape. The material causes the collar to be 5 inches bigger, or the shoulder slope to be different, or the lapels to be shaped difference? Get outta here. How many times do I need to repeat myself?Whether the original jacket would've been Italian or...
Thanks! Looks great on you. Your lapels look much nicer than mine, as does the collar and the shoulders.