or Connect

Posts by Monkeyface

A high contrast look:
No and no. Get yourself some nice medium/light grey wool trousers, and a well fitting navy blazer.
You're lifting weights, right? Better not to make things too slim, because your body will look very different a year from now if you keep lifting. For suits I have 8.75"-9" leg openings, and for odd trousers 8.5".
 6'2", 190lbs.
 Thank you, that's very helpful. I'll go for the H&B then, the weight looks good and I think I'd prefer the texture over the Dugdale.  Yep, I've found pleats to be much more comfortable, especially when sitting down. I spend 12 hours a day in my office chair, while I walk maybe an hour, so comfort is very important. Pleats are mainly a tailoring technique to help the transition of a narrower waist to wider legs, so it's very beneficial for athletic and portly people....
 Luxire, if I were to send you a well fitting jacket, could you replicate this style exactly? I'm not sure what kind of instructions he gave you, but this looks amazing.
 Yeah, I'm very impressed by the quality. The weight is perfect for London, it doesn't get that cold here. Ordering some light grey flannels next, but I'm doubting between the Minnis ($299), Hunt & Winterbotham ($249) and the Dugdale ($179) flannels. They all look good, but I'm not sure whether you'd really notice a big difference between the Minnis and the Dugdale. 
 http://luxire.com/products/cream_corduroy_9_wale Very soft, nice cream colour, and good value for money. 
 The visible zipper is probably caused by a bit of both, but on my other trousers with a wider waist it's not as noticeable as this one. I don't really care that much, but I'll ask them to make the flap a bit wider next time.
I remember we had a discussion about pleated casual pants such as cords and chinos on here, so I thought I'd show my latest iteration of pleated Luxire trousers, in a lovely cream corduroy fabric. They're straight out of the box, so pretend the wrinkles aren't there.