or Connect

Posts by Monkeyface

If you really want to fit in, buy a couple of plain black captoe oxfords, plain worsted navy and charcoal suits, some white double cuff shirts, a covert coat, a green waxed cotton Barbour jacket and a navy quilted Barbour jacket, some patterned casual shirts, nice wool jumpers in navy, grey and forest green, jeans or cords and brown suede chukkas.No one will be able to tell you apart from the Brits if you're wearing this, as long as you don't open your mouth of course....
It's probably also why this thread has lasted this long.
I heard the working culture is extremely hierarchical in SK? Is that true? If you like farming North America is perfect though. Lots of European farmers have moved to Canada for example.
I'd do the crease for all but the heaviest fabrics. Minnis flannels probably don't need it. However, anything lighter weight or wrinkle prone just drapes so much nicer with a sewn in crease. I never have to press the trousers, it's easy to hang them up correctly, so no accidental double creases, and after a full day at the office the crease still looks crisp.
Oh man, that's too bad. Nothing worse than working hard at a job you don't like. Hope you can figure something out! Luckily it's Friday!
I've cut all beer, and max one glass of wine. Drink plenty of whisky and bourbon though. The calories and carbs in a pint of beer are just not worth it. Light beer tastes like crap, and the craft/microbrewery beers are usually high calorie.
How can you be bored and work and still be too tired to do something after? I'm always looking forward to the end of the day, so I can go for a walk along the Thames with my girlfriend, maybe go for a drink or a quick dinner, catch a movie, workout together, etc.
Send in a pair of well fitting pants. Only way I really fixed it. You can also alter the fork of the pants, but you need a skilled tailor for that.
Why would you be wearing flannel in such a climate? I'm assuming you're talking about flannel shirts, because a flannel suit would be much too warm.
Fresco can be worn year round in a 60F-90F climate. Might even be too hot for 90F. I'd go for half lined Fresco, would be much more comfortable than hopsack in those temperatures.