or Connect

Posts by Mike Lucas

Apparently I'm too new to post such a significant post without it getting approved by the mods.  A handful of pics of the Grey Daltons will be up as soon as the post is deemed "not-spam."
Here they are!  What nobody seems to talk about is the grey is actually a clouded grey.  That really put me off of them, to be honest.  Up close they look like a complete mess.  They are a knock-out from about 3 feet away though.  Also, I can't figure out if it's a defect, but the Dalton is not a symmetrical design.  Everything is off-set a bit from center.   I apologize for the quality, these were taken with my 3DS.  I've taken shots from several angles including one in...
After two months of waiting, my grey Daltons have finally arrived!  I'll be picking them up tomorrow afternoon.  I will try to get pictures up asap.     EDIT:     Don't expect an uncomfortable shoe to become comfortable over time.  It really has to start comfortable.  The stretching that happens naturally will not be significant enough if the shoe is improperly sized.  Definitely get a shoe sized to the larger foot and cope with some mild slippage with the smaller...
That's exactly my issue.  The color looks pretty nice in the pictures I've seen, but I can't find any of them in the wild.  Hopefully someone will post their pics soon and I'll be able to judge them adequately, but worst case I just return them and get the Fifth Street.  Alternatively, maybe plunder eBay or our classifieds.  I'm just in a new AE sort of mood, really.
It's a difference of 100% at present and I have no interest in paying nearly $400 for a boot that doesn't do well in New England winters.  As far as the overall attitude towards it here at SF, I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk ABOUT the grey.  Makes sense since the brown and black and burgundy are much more traditional and easier to coordinate, but the pictures on the website make it look really nice.  It's obviously a more casual shoe, which is exactly what I'm...
Care to elaborate?
Care to elaborate?
I've decided to get myself some boots since the Daltons and Fifth Street are currently on sale.  I prefer the Dalton, but the only color available on sale is the grey.  I haven't seen the grey in person yet, so I was wondering if anyone had any real pictures of them and I was curious if maybe I should just go with the brown Fifth Street instead.  Thoughts?  I ask because a friend nearly got the grey Daltons when they came out, but was really put off when he saw them at...