or Connect

Posts by Xancatrius

In fact Foo, I plan to do exactly just that. No double breasted glencheck 2x1 4 inch lapels for me. Just grays and blues, a pinstripe here and there, a POW maybe, but that's about it. I like boring, all my shirts are all blue and white, with the occasional graph check, bengal and pencil stripe. But that's about it. Ever since I've been on SF all I wanted to do was streamline my wardrobe to make sure everything went with everything to ensure longevity and wearability. Sure...
 I've heard of the Rabbi Tailor a while before he appeared at KS. However the times I have seen him at work he was doing a lot of finishing work, maybe attaching of the lining to the armholes/shoulder line, but I never paid much attention to it. Safe to say though, I do not think he has any part in the actual making/cutting of anything there, as all the work seems to be done off site, outsourced or not is not for me to say. When you pay 4k for a suit that pulls only to...
Oh I think they're lovely people. I just hate them because they're always the first to everything good, and by the time we slobs catch up the good stuff is all either gone or extremely expensive 
I have seen the things that tailors in Singapore can and cannot do.   I find Kevin Seah extremely hyped up, owing to God knows what and his uncanny ability to market himself.    His VBC suits start at 3500 I hear, and I have personally examined a three piece suit made for my friend who paid 4000 for a VBC. The bespoke experience is probably really only in the experience, as there was pulling all over the jacket which was to say the least, ill fitting, and when...
@jedwards I fully understand where you are going with it. To put things in perspective, I'm from Singapore, where I would say, maybe 15 or 20 people dress well. 99.9 percent of people you meet can't even tell the difference between a good jacket and a bad. I have seen people get praise for jackets with huge pulling Xs across the buttoning point, gaping collars and jackets that end at the hip length wise.  Maybe it's good that I maintain my anonymity here as the local...
I'm very thankful for the kind offer @dieworkwear , and I will definitely PM you when I do decide to head down to Naples. In fact, I'm considering signing up for some Neapolitan courses, just so I can TRY, (and I choose my words very carefully here) to carry out a conversation. I'm pretty sure the SR tailors can make me a wonderful jacket, and I am not adverse to the structuredness of the English cut. However, as Beppe Modenese said in O'Mast : Napoli is Napoli. (Though...
@dieworkwear I hope you'll excuse that as much as I enjoy the "EDM" music that I'm sure most of you gents would dismiss as absolute garbage, I also happen to have a penchant for Dean Martin, Tony Bennett and Dean Martin, amongst the other evergreens. I have read The Republic, On Liberty, and The Conquest Of Happiness, amongst others. Surprisingly, I have applied to study law, though I am in fact considering sociology or philosophy, having come to the conclusion that...
@dieworkwear I am particularly young myself, (20) and so far traveling to Naples for suits has been out of the question. However owing to a series of fortunate events that might possibly be something I am now able to take into consideration.   I was actually incredibly intrigued at Palermo's stuff, but could not find anything on it. I'm not sure if it's the overall jarring effect that LH has had on me, having seen it all over the world and quoted a lot by the iGents who...
Since all the great people with great insights have spoken up, may I ask : What do people think of the tailors featured in O'Mast?   Particularly Panico, Sabino and the Ciardis
Can anyone explain to me why Alden's Modified Last is so comfortable? Was it made with a certain foot profile in mind?   I'm flatfooted/pronated feet, do you think Modififed Last would help?