or Connect

Posts by Xancatrius

Hey @Leaves, I was wondering, since I'm flat footed, which of the shoe brands have a rather good stiffener on the side of the shoes and a rather deep foot bed so I can take the insole out and stuff my insole in? Because if the foot bed is too shallow then when I put an orthopedic insole in, the instep rises so high I probably won't be able to tighten the laces properly and end up with a huge V, not to mention a whole lot of painful walking. Thanks in advance!
Thank You. I have no intention of getting my girlfriend pregnant before 25. Baby = no more bespoke Btw, off topic here, but I just got a speckled green donegal tweed jacket, and all my pants are different shades of grey. Do you think dark grey would cut it for pants? Or should I go khaki/tan?
Oh the hyperbole. I'd probably just smile, say yes I am, I tend to dress up this way, sell her something she likes to hear then walk off.   Who wears tweed in the city man.   Im kidding.
 Pfft. Ageist. Is that even a word.
 In fact Foo, I plan to do exactly just that. No double breasted glencheck 2x1 4 inch lapels for me. Just grays and blues, a pinstripe here and there, a POW maybe, but that's about it. I like boring, all my shirts are all blue and white, with the occasional graph check, bengal and pencil stripe. But that's about it. Ever since I've been on SF all I wanted to do was streamline my wardrobe to make sure everything went with everything to ensure longevity and wearability. Sure...
 I've heard of the Rabbi Tailor a while before he appeared at KS. However the times I have seen him at work he was doing a lot of finishing work, maybe attaching of the lining to the armholes/shoulder line, but I never paid much attention to it. Safe to say though, I do not think he has any part in the actual making/cutting of anything there, as all the work seems to be done off site, outsourced or not is not for me to say. When you pay 4k for a suit that pulls only to...
Oh I think they're lovely people. I just hate them because they're always the first to everything good, and by the time we slobs catch up the good stuff is all either gone or extremely expensive 
I have seen the things that tailors in Singapore can and cannot do.   I find Kevin Seah extremely hyped up, owing to God knows what and his uncanny ability to market himself.    His VBC suits start at 3500 I hear, and I have personally examined a three piece suit made for my friend who paid 4000 for a VBC. The bespoke experience is probably really only in the experience, as there was pulling all over the jacket which was to say the least, ill fitting, and when...
@jedwards I fully understand where you are going with it. To put things in perspective, I'm from Singapore, where I would say, maybe 15 or 20 people dress well. 99.9 percent of people you meet can't even tell the difference between a good jacket and a bad. I have seen people get praise for jackets with huge pulling Xs across the buttoning point, gaping collars and jackets that end at the hip length wise.  Maybe it's good that I maintain my anonymity here as the local...
I'm very thankful for the kind offer @dieworkwear , and I will definitely PM you when I do decide to head down to Naples. In fact, I'm considering signing up for some Neapolitan courses, just so I can TRY, (and I choose my words very carefully here) to carry out a conversation. I'm pretty sure the SR tailors can make me a wonderful jacket, and I am not adverse to the structuredness of the English cut. However, as Beppe Modenese said in O'Mast : Napoli is Napoli. (Though...