or Connect

Posts by R01gt

Went on a binge to a ton of stores this past weekend and basically struck out except for a Loro Piana shirt that ended up with some collar yellowing after I took it out in the sun and this pretty wild piece - my first non-tie Hermes.  Clearly this was found in a store I didn't even know existed and in short sleeve wovens which I never check - guess that's just how it works out sometimes...  Can anyone assist with an authenticity check?  It looks well constructed with MOPs...
Couple of decent finds this weekend - highlights are: NWT Dale of Norway 1994 Lillehammer edition sweater     [[SPOILER]]   Basically unworn older Church's boots but with some staining issues on one of the shoes so not perfect   [[SPOILER]]  Pretty new (I believe) Caruso blazers - 55% silk, 40% wool, 5% cashmere in some wild colors (apologies for the photos but I didn't want to get the setup out for better pics - if anyone wants to see them better I will post them later)....
Had a few decent finds this week, not too much worth posting (RG, JPress OCBD, etc.) but a couple of shoes stood out a bit: The first mostly just for being random... AE Nassau Sharkskin oxfords:     [[SPOILER]]  Royal Tweed Church's cap toes that were barely worn and high for thrift prices but ended up getting them for me anyways because they were so mint.  After trying them on again, they really are a bit too tight so to the bay they will go:  [[SPOILER]]  Lastly, was...
Pretty random group of finds for me this weekend - that's what makes it fun tho: Minty ancient white dinner jacket:   [[SPOILER]]   Nice condition Polo by C&J boots - more expensive than I'd prefer but I like 'em:   [[SPOILER]]   (From what I can tell) an ROK Camo Jacket.  Read somewhere that US and Korean soldiers that trained together in Vietnam sometimes swapped uniforms so I'm guessing that could be where this is from - no real idea though.   [[SPOILER]]  And my...
Couple of good finds this weekend (well vs the usual for me anyways):   A little thrift synergy with marc from a couple pages ago with this Filson.  Looks unworn (which could be possible since this somehow found its way to Florida in August).  Probably the heaviest article of clothing I've ever handled.         [[SPOILER]]   Canali, Hilditch and Key Royal Oxford, Canali again x2 - all super minty           [[SPOILER]]   Lastly, a beige Sulka w/ light blue window pane...
Thanks for the suggestion - I asked and they went though the back room and all of the cases with no luck. Well hopefully it turns up so someone can grab them - would hate for them to go to waste.
Funny you mention that, was just thinking on the way home how sick finding a Scotty Cameron putter would be... Maybe one day
Found the best pair of shoes yet for me this weekend:   Alden for Brooks shell cordovan wingtips - minimally used:           [[SPOILER]]   Same store also had really nice Peal & Co for Brooks perf cap toe (photo from Brooks site) in my size with even less wear than the shells - somehow they only had the right shoe.  I spent the next 45 minutes scouring the entire store for the other one with no luck.  Felt awful having to leave it behind - more than anything because I...
Had a pretty nice Friday of thrifting, might as well start of with the best first...   Kiton DB Suit - first Kiton anything I've found and in pretty minty condition:       [[SPOILER]]     [[SPOILER]]     [[SPOILER]]     Also found a couple things for the bay:    Burberry London nova check shirt - can anyone help with an authenticity check?  Looks pretty good to me, says "Made in the UK"         [[SPOILER]]     Robert Graham short sleeve seersucker - looks pretty...
Couple of nice finds (at least for me) from Marshall's since they all fit well and are things I can actually use Zegna Made in Italy charcoal pants: Barrett suede chukkas for Wilkes Bashford- not sure where they got the "Compare to $275" price point... seems low but who knows I like them a lot: RLPL seven fold navy dot tie: