or Connect

Posts by ElPrincipe

OP, just shop around until you find some that are shorter. If they feel too long to you, they're probably too long.
Actually, I noticed that the length of TM Lewin shirts varies along with the sleeve length. So, if you choose the shortest sleeve length, the body should be shorter as well. I only know this because I require the longer sleeves for the 16" collar - 36", which I then adjust to 35.5". The body is longer in these shirts than the regular sleeve, 35" (in fact, too long, which is why I've ditched buying TMlewin shirts altogether). You could try some TMlewin shirts and select...
wool - I did specify they need dry cleaning, and since they are a dry cleaners I presumed they would know how to clean it correctly..
Hello guys   Is it normal for your suit trousers to feel a tad tighter in the waist following dry cleaning? I don't know if I am imagining it, but that seems to be the case for me after my trip to the cleaners (I'm a newb to suits and this was my first time dry cleaning)   I checked all the measurements I already knew from before (e.g. leg opening, rise length) and they appear to be fine - they don't seem to have lost any length in the leg, either. The jackets don't...
Hi guys   Forgive my ignorance, but what is the correct way for caring for a pair of waxed, non-smooth leather boots?   I have a pair of boots which is a combination of leather (main body), nubuck (upper) and suede (heel). They were smooth and glossy when new out of the box, but the leather quickly looses the sheen and becomes rougher. As far as I am aware you cannot polish these in the same way you would a normal pair of smoothed leather shoes.   What is the best...
Hello all   I just have a couple of questions on alterations to garments (via a tailor):   1) A shirt with a center box pleat (one which sits just at the top, button-down collar) - if it is a 'regular' fit, how easy is it to slim such a shirt? I figure that darts in the back are a no-go, and it would be hard to remove the pleat? I figure you can just slim the waist slightly by taking in fabric at the side seams?   2) Jumpers - I just picked up a navy V neck cotton...
Thank you for the feedback; I guess I ought to address the problems with the suit, so thanks for pointing them out. I am not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, that you think I should get a larger jacket or taper the legs if possible? Or something in between (i.e think about doing both)? Now that you pointed it out, I see the imbalance. The legs look blocky in comparison to the body. I am also not sure if the upward camera angle is making this look worse. I hope that...
Any takers (I didn't think it was that bad!)? Any feedback is welcome , thank you
Hello all   I am just starting to invest in 'proper' suits (in the past I've owned my share of cheap synthetic atrocities) and am trying to get the fit right. I'm still new to all this, so it's still a mid/low-mid suit. I actually picked it up from Banana Republic, one of the monogram series. 100% wool. The colour is a very dark navy (not to be mistaken for black)   My vital stats: Height: 6'1" approx Weight: 84kg approx Age: 25   I have quite chunky...
Hi guys   I've just picked up a new pair of levis 501, which are both perfect fit and colour (a nice, very dark indigo - 'muddy water' cosmetic). The thought of them fading even a little bit is painful.   I know some people would advocate not washing them at all when they're new. Wear them in and wash as little as possible. The problem with this is, if it rains, and the hems get wet, your shoes might turn blue. Not good. I'm in the 'wash as little as possible' camp...