or Connect

Posts by shiltsy

RogerP, the point was that if I could find a battery powered watch with the elegance and status of a Rolex, Omega, Breitling and a sweeping hand, I'd buy it.   I'm finding more and more that things like a good watch and bespoke suit go a long way when customers/partners/associates are sizing you up in the business world.  Would I have more fun spending $10k on a vacation?  Probably.  Will the message it sends and how I feel wearing it return more than $10k of value...
Great feedback, keep it coming...  Just FYI, my business attire is usually dress shirt, no tie and jacket about 75% of the time.  I would feel very comfortable with a less than formal watch.   I do understand that I wouldn't need to hand-wind the watch, but the thought of using an automatic winder or a watch being dead after not being worn for 3-4 days seems self-defeating since a $10 casio would run for years and keep time more accurately....  I know, I know, form...
I'm new to the high end watch world, but it's time to up my game a bit.  I know much of this is personal preference, but I'm hoping the watch experts can review my thoughts/requirements below and provide some great ideas.   Rolex is out... beautiful watches, just too common and boring Budget under $8k Love nothing more than the look of a sweeping second hand Don't really need chrono, but looks cool if could find one with sweeping second hand Not...
AND I inadvertently posted in the wrong forum.  Moderator, if you could please move to Classic Menswear, I would appreciate!
As I've mentioned in my other posts, my experience dealing with Indochino has been pretty rough.  I won't use them again, but want to get through this experience with the best suit possible given the situation.     I received my remade pants from them last week.  The first were skin tight (literally) and .5" too short.  They added .5" to the length and something like 3.25" to the thighs and 2" to the crotch.  They feel MUCH better this time around, but seem to...
Please folks, do yourselves a favor and NEVER use Indochino.  This is one of the worst experiences I've ever had and I have no one to blame but myself.  I was warned.  Here's my experience:   ordered in early January order arrived around one month later jacket fits very well / fabric seems to be good quality but is on the thin side in the pants pants are SKIN TIGHT in the thighs and crotch and flare out almost like bell bottoms at the ankle.  They are...
Nordstrom Rack has some nice AE's and others in the $150 range....
Nope, the issue was cheap leather that never looked great even after polish and I seem to quickly/unevenly wear the inside of all-rubber heels. I'm a former military guy. If I learned one thing, it was how to dress leather.
Then again, the Strands are really growing on me. Definitely a bit outside my comfort zone, but they are really sharp!
I'm tired of wearing out dress shoes that never really look great after the first month of wear, and thanks to the advice on this forum decided to invest in a pair of Allen Edmonds dress shoes. This is a long term investment and I'm hoping to get some style advice. I wear suits or sport jacket daily and rarely with a tie. Charcoal and grays are worn the most, and I want a brown pair of AE's. 1. I like the look of split toe's like the lasalle, delray and possibly...