or Connect

Posts by EGBA

Hi Nicky, The AW13 sneakers were shipped out to stores about two weeks ago and the boots will ship in about two weeks time. We have quite many new styles for this season and we feel we have managed to lift the collection a bit so it will be exciting to see the reaction to them. Our website is being updated with AW13 in these days, but currently it is only the women's collection that has gone live: http://www.diemmefootwear.com/collections/Fall%202013
  Hi, I'm unfortunately not that accustomed to the sizing of Scarpa, but generally most people find the Roccia Vet to run a bit small in size - or more precisely a bit short in length. They have a spacious toe box, high instep, and a medium width last, but about 3 in 5 people will size up due to the length. They are more similar to athletic footwear brands like Nike or Adidas rather than more traditional boot manufacturers or fashion brands - which are generally larger in...
  You wrote in your previous post; "I understood what you meant and I still think having a sole with the abrasion resistance of an eraser isn't the best thing in the world." Clearly you did not understand as I spoke about the hardness being similar on a Morflex and a pencil eraser, not the abrasion resistance. The abrasion resistance is hugely different between a pencil eraser and Morflex, so when you write that having a sole with the same abrasion resistance as pencil...
    Sorry, but you still did not understand the difference between abrasion resistance and hardness. I'll try to explain it more properly. Abrasion is the loss of material that results from mechanical action. An abrasion resistance test measures a rubber by a standardized test where the mass loss during exposure to an abrasion cloth is converted to volume loss by measuring its specific gravity. The index is expressed in mm3 where the lower the score, the better abrasion...
  There are small-scale footwear producers that do artisan work and offer consumers to do special orders and send products in for repairs, and on the other side you have footwear manufacturers that produce larger volumes and produce at a number of different factories. Diemme is somewhere in between. Previously the production was more artisan and fragmented with no real collection but rather an archive of previous work that local distributors used to compose Diemme...
  A rubber sole will give a slightly better performance than expanded rubber compounds such as Newflex or Morflex. and you also have rubber compounds such as Vibram Icetrek which has a high coefficient of friction on most surfaces. But ice is ice so to have any true performance on ice one really needs either:   - Metal attachments such as this:  http://www.calzaturificiodiemme.it/dettaglioprodotto.php?id=58&cat=alta%20quota&lang=ita - Spike solutions such as Vibram Dyna...
I understand that you must be frustrated, but I would appreciate if we could please try to keep a civil tongue.   Obviously, the claim that we would use anything but original Vibram soles is proposterous. Surely it does not make sense that we would be buying some genuine and some less than genuine Vibram soles? That would ruin the relationship between Diemme and Vibram - a relationship that is over 20 years old. We only source from the premier suppliers - whatever...
Hi,   I work with Diemme Footwear at Blender Agency, so I thought I'd join here in case people have any questions or comments that they would like any direct feedback on straight from the source. My schedule does not allow me to be omnipresent here at the forum, but I'll do my best to answer as quickly as I can.   First things first; to properly explain the goal and purpose of the Diemme Footwear collection it is a line that is intended for city use. We use high...