or Connect

Posts by thecooldude33

Here are some pics (excuse the crappy quality) of my pretty basic AE collection. I am going for the Walnut Strand next.  
  It was mainly the Saphir wax. I started with a light coat of AE cleaner conditioner followed by a light coat of AE polish. After that, I started with the Saphir wax. A couple of coats on the entire shoe, and many light coats on the caps (probably a couple of dozen light coats). I used a flannel cloth to apply a thin layer of wax to the caps with a couple of drops of water mixed in. Then I used a buffing cloth to remove the wax. I finished with a once over with some...
Saphir is good stuff.        
Here are some pics of my Park Avenues...I love Saphir, as you can tell.      
The fit is pretty similar to the PA, although in my opinion the PA is slightly more snug. I notice the Rutledge is a bit longer than the PA. Very comfortable overall.  The burnishing is great, and I think the walnut is lighter in person (at least when compared to the pic of the Rutledge from the AE website). This may be due to the fact that I purchased factory seconds instead of firsts. But I love the shoes...I was using Saphir wax (light brown) but I found that the wax...
A pic of my walnut Rutledges
Can anyone help me with this weird "dull" spot I have on one of my Cliftons? I don't know if it's just excess wax or the leather is just bad or something on that spot (they are factory seconds). I tried using the Allen Edmonds Cleaner/Conditioner to get most of the wax off and then attempted to reapply polish and wax, but the spot is just stubborn. Maybe my polishing cloths are too dirty or something. Anyways, I apologize for the crappy pics, I didn't have good lighting,...
    I only used the Saphir wax for the job. I was using the Allen Edmonds polish before (the one in the tube with the sponge applicator thing), but I found that the AE polish just wasn't giving the shine I desired. I ordered the Saphir Wax and found the difference to be like night and day.     I apply a little bit of wax to the shoe with a cloth, then dip the same cloth in a tiny amount of water. Add a bit more wax and rub to the now wet cloth onto the shoe. I use another...
Here is a random pic of the mirror shine I am working on with my Park Avenues. I am using Saphir wax. Opinions?       
Here are the black Cliftons under bright tube lights. The Saphir wax is pretty amazing stuff.