or Connect

Posts by QualityFirst

Agreed on the Home Ec. idea. But, that's not particularly germane to the discussion as it has evolved, or to the video.   The other aside: Teaching physics alongside calculus is the right way to do it. There is a reason that Newton (and others, yes) invented calculus: PHYSICS. Or, more to the point, to understand the natural world. We have split up the whole idea upon which basically ALL math and science rests; applicability to the natural world. Nowadays, we could...
Gentlemen (and occasional ladies) of SF,   I am a partner in a custom (M2M & bespoke) clothing company that is presently hiring stylists and aspiring tailors (real tailors, even better!) with a deep understanding of the sartorial cannon. We design and produce several product lines of exceptional quality (read: we are not some new online m2m shop) and are interested in interviewing candidates for several positions. Can't divulge too much here, so...   Interested...
Sorry to revive again, but wanted to identify the aforementioned tailor in Newtown Square as Gabriele D'Annunzio of D&B Tailors. He did indeed used to dress Sinatra, as well as a host of other Philly-area celebs past and present. He has the signed pictures on his wall. They also have a dry cleaner there, which he apparently opened because back in the day, no one else could clean the custom clothes they made.   I had him do both M2M and alterations when I lived in the...
Indeed, imschatz, this IS a problem in all math-based fields. Your point about algebra rings true with students that I have tutored as well.   Now, to the point of the video and the OP. As a physicist (per my diploma, not my career) I have to agree that teaching the more recent developments of physics HS would be impossible in a rigorous way. That said...   I completely agree with the premise of the video. That is, students in the US education system are not even...
Hi, Chris here. Long-time lurker, first-time poster.    I'm the business guy in a custom clothing company (both made-to-measure AND true bespoke) based in Philadelphia (but I currernly live in San Francisco) and am lucky to work with fantastic partners in the US and Italy. As you may have guessed, quality is my mantra. Sports, food, physics, and economics are cool to me. I'm an avid skier.   Not sure how frequent my posts will be, but I promise they will always...