or Connect

Posts by plainnerd

I recently ordered a linen sportcoat and when it arrived it turns out it's fully lined (poly lining no less).  I wanted something for spring and summer days (70s and 80s), is the full lining going to make it way too hot for my needs?  Should I return it and find something at least half-lined?
Anyone have (or have seen) the Washington light blue plain linen suit?  I'm looking for something I can wear as separates casually or together for a slightly more dressed up look.  Anyone seen this and can say if the fabric/design works for it?
You don't glue the tux, you glue the flower.
Glue a magnet to one side, put the other on the backside of the lapel.
Is there anyone out there other than SuitSupply who makes a nice casual jacket in smaller sizes (32 and 34) for a decent price (under 400)?  I'm looking for a casual blue blazer for summer and none of the SS options are really doing it for me.
I just picked up some Allen Edmonds Nashua tassle loafers, store gave me the off-the-shelf model for the seconds sale price so I went for it.   They're black with a brown kiltie and trim, so uh, what color belt do I wear with these?  I figure they're super casual so it doesn't really matter, but on days I want to match my belt what should I be matching? the body or the details?
I just picked up a pair of Sedonas, and when I bought them they fit great at the store, the length and width is just perfect, but I wore them today and after about 2 miles of walking I've got little sores at the back of both heels from rubbing.  I'm not getting much heel slippage, but it seems to be just enough to rub.  Is this normal with these shoes and will go away? or am I wearing the wrong size?   I've never had this problem with loafers before, but most of my...
I bought this cheap herringbone suit wanted a quick opinion on it before I got any work done.    The jacket looks large (though slightly short), but the shoulders feel pretty good so I think  I can make it work.  The pants are a bit loose and flare at the bottom so I was going to remove the cuffs and taper them.  Any opinions? or should I just toss the whole thing on ebay?  [[SPOILER]]
I finally bought the navy Neumoks I've been wanting.  They're one of those shoes that I really wanted but couldn't actually bring myself to buy (cause, you know, navy Neumoks), but I was picking up some polish today and the SA mentioned that the outlet had them on sale.  So of course I called up and they told me they were 149 and well, they're on the way.  I usually try not to buy things I can't possibly think of how to pair with other clothes, but sometimes you know, it...
I just picked up a Bertucci A-2t watch, the two I was looking at had 2 differences: the color, and the movement.  One was Japanese, one was Swiss.  I went with the Japanese simply because it was the color I preferred, but I was curious if there was any real difference when it came to a basic quartz movement.  I'm not very educated about watches if you can't tell.