or Connect

Posts by plainnerd

I wasn't aware any of those materials got better with age, are you saying all my old faded thin ripped jeans were actually better than a new pair?
Disappointed that they're pre-tied, but otherwise exactly what I'm looking for, thanks.
Anyone know a good source for a slimmer (1.5-2 inch) tweed (or tweed like) bowtie?  I need one for an event coming up and can't find anything that's both slimmer and has the rougher texture I'm looking for except for a few at the tie bar that don't do anything for me.
I recently ordered a linen sportcoat and when it arrived it turns out it's fully lined (poly lining no less).  I wanted something for spring and summer days (70s and 80s), is the full lining going to make it way too hot for my needs?  Should I return it and find something at least half-lined?
Anyone have (or have seen) the Washington light blue plain linen suit?  I'm looking for something I can wear as separates casually or together for a slightly more dressed up look.  Anyone seen this and can say if the fabric/design works for it?
You don't glue the tux, you glue the flower.
Glue a magnet to one side, put the other on the backside of the lapel.
Is there anyone out there other than SuitSupply who makes a nice casual jacket in smaller sizes (32 and 34) for a decent price (under 400)?  I'm looking for a casual blue blazer for summer and none of the SS options are really doing it for me.
I just picked up some Allen Edmonds Nashua tassle loafers, store gave me the off-the-shelf model for the seconds sale price so I went for it.   They're black with a brown kiltie and trim, so uh, what color belt do I wear with these?  I figure they're super casual so it doesn't really matter, but on days I want to match my belt what should I be matching? the body or the details?
I just picked up a pair of Sedonas, and when I bought them they fit great at the store, the length and width is just perfect, but I wore them today and after about 2 miles of walking I've got little sores at the back of both heels from rubbing.  I'm not getting much heel slippage, but it seems to be just enough to rub.  Is this normal with these shoes and will go away? or am I wearing the wrong size?   I've never had this problem with loafers before, but most of my...