or Connect

Posts by atia2

EG loafers 12/12.5 C 184 last.   NIB but with rubber over-soles added (shame). Starting bid £200 or BIN £350.   Perfect size for me, but I don't like loafers!
EG Malvern UK 12.5D in Dark Oak. New without box. Starting bid £200 or BIN £285.   0.5 too large for me or I wouldn't be posting!
I don't own any Edward Green shoes but, having tried some on in the London store, I'd have to agree that they have a slight edge on my new Grensons. I think the finishing on EG and Lobb is finer and more accurate. For example, you can see in my photos above that the sole painting is not a deep, lustrous black and has gone over the marked line at the bottom. Similarly the way the heel is closed with a small fold of leather is not the most attractive method:       Small...
Many thanks, Grenson appears to check out here.   (Is it poor etiquette to link to a thread on another forum? Apologies if so.)   I must say the most spectacular items in N&L today were the Poulsen Skone apron-stitched chukka boots in beige grain. They're also on the N&L website (link) but the photos there don't do them justice: they were quite stunning in the flesh. The soles, not shown on the website, were fiddled, painted, and had a solitary triangle of nails...
Just got these from New & Lingwood on Jermyn Street. I have a low arch and low instep and usually have problems with completely closed quarters and too much room in the vamp. So I was pleasantly surprised to happen across a shoe that fit me perfectly. I would have preferred a darker brown or black but with my odd-shaped foot I couldn't decline a shoe that fits so well.   I was wondering if anyone could identify the maker? The salesman advised me these were actually...
I'm bald. But thanks!
Hello   I have been lurking on here for a few weeks now and I have to say this is a great resource. There is information on here which is simply not available anywhere else.   My main interest at the moment is in shoes, for two reasons:   1) I have become sick of paying £80-120 for brand name shoes which last six months before the glued-on sole peel off; and 2) I am taking delivery of my first bespoke suit (a leaving gift from a previous employer) so I need...