or Connect

Posts by atia2

Excellent. You've managed to make a gold Rolex look classy and understated. Would benefit from a long sleeve, but I like it.
^ Good point. This is also a helpful resource:http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htmI didn't realise until I read this that lacing can be used to make small adjustments to fit. In particular, there are lacing patterns - called "Gap," "Straight Bar," and "Straight Easy" here - which can relieve pressure on a high instep by reducing the quantity of lace beneath the facings.
I don't see any material defects in these photos.
A six year old crease, at that!
Isn't that the definition of a watch?
Back from the cobbler with new toe plates, and a quick polish by me:     Just noticed they have blind waists. Is this normal for G&G?  
There were two adelaide brogues: a cherry St James II and an oak Chesterfield (second), both on TG73 which didn't quite suit me. I believe the shoe with the raised seams was indeed a Gable, and not to my taste. There was another shoe in the same bespoke last as my Antibes, a yellow austerity brogue which was also not to my taste despite the excellent fit.
Quick snap of my pickup yesterday: vintage oak Antibes on a bespoke last. Beautiful leatherwork and they fit like a glove.  
There are no springs, just a hinge between the main part and the heel unit. They are proper bespoke lasts - they even have the person's name on them. Makes sense they would be harder to insert than sprung lasts, but bloody hell...!
Just bought a pair of vintage oak Antibes in the sample sale. They're on a bespoke last and came with lasted trees. They are nigh on impossible to insert and remove. Yes, the trees fill up the interior perfectly but I feel like I'm damaging the shoes just getting them in and out. Is this normal with lasted trees?