or Connect

Posts by atia2

There are no springs, just a hinge between the main part and the heel unit. They are proper bespoke lasts - they even have the person's name on them. Makes sense they would be harder to insert than sprung lasts, but bloody hell...!
Just bought a pair of vintage oak Antibes in the sample sale. They're on a bespoke last and came with lasted trees. They are nigh on impossible to insert and remove. Yes, the trees fill up the interior perfectly but I feel like I'm damaging the shoes just getting them in and out. Is this normal with lasted trees?
G&G had 5 pairs in size 12, nothing larger. There was a rioja Hove, a couple of brown adelaides, some kind of wholecut with raised seams, and I think a brown loafer with twisted strap. The Hoves were beautiful but a little too large in the vamp for me.J Fitzpatrick had a lovely dark brown boot in 12.5, sadly too large for me. Not much else in the big sizes.The Hoves and the JF boot were the top picks. Also some great shoes on display in the queue!
Had some interest in the C&J shoes and the Glenbrae jumper. Here are details and pics: Shoes C&J for New & Lingwood bluchers in Burgundy Cavalry Calf. Same as the now-discontinued "Lanark" in C&J's version of corrected grain leather. This is a high quality CG leather treated in the same way as Cordovan during the tanning process by impregnating with cow's fat. (In fact one of the salespeople at C&J on Jermyn Street thought it was Cordovan.) Size UK 11.5E on the 341 last...
I'm inclined to agree on the jacket. I know it's all the rage these days, but I wish I'd gone for a long on this. I think the jacket sleeves are ok, the problem is the monkey-length shirt sleeves (which were charity shopped the next day). All in all, not a post-worthy fit.
I also have a few other goodies to clear out:   Crockett & Jones burgundy derbies UK 11.5; Alfred Sargent black cap oxfords UK 11.5; NWT French Connection blue linen suit 42L/38L; Glenbrae red seamless merino v-neck jumper L; couple of Fred Perry blue polo t-shirts XL.   All very lightly worn except the suit which is new. Happy to take photos and post here if interest shown. Pics of the shoes:  
Here's the 44L New & Lingwood suit. Cloth is dark grey with a fine stripe. Jacket is 44L and trousers are 38L. I bought it in a sale about a year ago and never got round to wearing it before losing weight. Meaning to put it on Ebay but too busy. Original prices on the tags. I paid £235 in the sale. Happy to sell it here for £135 posted in UK.   [[SPOILER]]
@Sandwich it's a great choice. I tried on some Speedmasters in an Omega shop in London a few weeks ago. Seeing them online, I found them unremarkable. However, they are different in the flesh. The classic Professional transcends the other versions, in my opinion. It is superbly finished: I had no appreciation for how fine the lettering on the dial and bezel are. A thing of beauty. Omega has also resisted the trend towards obscenely large watches, with the result that it is...
I think I have a dark grey suit by New & Lingwood, new with tags. Possibly some others. Never worn due to weight loss. Will check for you tomorrow morning.
Ha, a far more pleasant backdrop than mine! I do enjoy the yellowing of the silver dial in the right light.