or Connect

Posts by atia2

Superb. A great example of less being more. The uncluttered design lets the rich, brown leather do the talking. I much prefer these to your brogues, nice as those are. A truly timeless look.
I can't see anything fitting your description of "cut" or "gash" near the heel. All I can see is some minor variegation in the colour and surface texture of the leather. One of the pleasures of such shoes is that they are (at least, partially) made by hand from natural materials. Each pair is slightly different and has small details unique to it. You said you wanted the shoes and not the drama, but I'm afraid the drama was entirely of your creation. And now you don't have...
Excellent. You've managed to make a gold Rolex look classy and understated. Would benefit from a long sleeve, but I like it.
^ Good point. This is also a helpful resource:http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htmI didn't realise until I read this that lacing can be used to make small adjustments to fit. In particular, there are lacing patterns - called "Gap," "Straight Bar," and "Straight Easy" here - which can relieve pressure on a high instep by reducing the quantity of lace beneath the facings.
I don't see any material defects in these photos.
A six year old crease, at that!
Isn't that the definition of a watch?
Back from the cobbler with new toe plates, and a quick polish by me:     Just noticed they have blind waists. Is this normal for G&G?  
There were two adelaide brogues: a cherry St James II and an oak Chesterfield (second), both on TG73 which didn't quite suit me. I believe the shoe with the raised seams was indeed a Gable, and not to my taste. There was another shoe in the same bespoke last as my Antibes, a yellow austerity brogue which was also not to my taste despite the excellent fit.
Quick snap of my pickup yesterday: vintage oak Antibes on a bespoke last. Beautiful leatherwork and they fit like a glove.