or Connect

Posts by atia2

Weight loss wardrobe clearance! Some nice shirts, all low starting bids. Howick Short Sleeved Shirt Green Checked XL       Time left:1d 5h leftSunday, 16:00 £4.20 9 bids   + £2.49 postage Howick Checked Shirt XL       Time left:1d 5h leftSunday, 16:00 £1.00 1...
Harris Tweed Jacket 42L   ENDS IN 8 HOURS. Current bid: £22.05    
Blazer Menswear Linen Suit Cream 44L / 38L  
Blazer Menswear Linen Suit Cream 44L / 38L  
Harris Tweed Jacket 42L   Pristine condition. £0.99 starting bid, no reserve. Can add international postage if there's interest (PM me).    
Vodafone.
That's almost a deck shoe, which I think flies safely under the purist's radar. If you like them, buy them and enjoy them!
 This is Lobb's October sole (recognisable by the hexagonal studs) which is a thinner version of the familiar Dainite sole (circular studs). The manager at Jermyn Street explained that this was intended for shoes where the full Dainite treatment would look overly "agricultural", as with these elegant black monks.
I've used KG Shoes in NW1 (www.cobbler.co.uk). He seemed to be a knowledgeable and reasonably-priced cobbler.   Of tailors I know nothing.
 Once you've experienced a few problems due to the idiosyncrasies of your feet, you'll know what to look for. In my case, I now know when there is too much room in the vamp for my thin feet (which causes slippage inside the shoe and, therefore, friction) and when there is too little room around the little toe (which has a tendency to get nipped if the last angles in too much as it tapers to the toebox.) Your "red flags" will, of course, be different to mine. As for...