or Connect

Posts by atia2

I don't see anything other than normal creasing here. Furthermore, the creases run horizontally, which is is a good sign. Non-horizontal creasing is an indicator of poor fit.
Hubris, dear boy...
Very pointy lasts like this can look good on average or smaller feet. On my size 12s, a job in the circus would beckon.
Actually, I *should* have said it, because I did not see the cut. I thought the buyer was complaining about the mark in the centre of the heel cup, which was similar to those in his other pictures. Therefore, I gave my input on this in good faith, which is the purpose of this forum. Do you propose to shut such discussion down?When the cut was pointed out, I admitted my error, retracted my criticism, and gave my good faith reaction on the basis of the new (to me) evidence,...
And your graceless remark contrasts wonderfully with my admission of error and retraction.
Ah, I see it, thank you. It's in a concealed location but, yes, I agree the maker should have classed that as a second. I retract my criticism of the buyer.
Superb. A great example of less being more. The uncluttered design lets the rich, brown leather do the talking. I much prefer these to your brogues, nice as those are. A truly timeless look.
I can't see anything fitting your description of "cut" or "gash" near the heel. All I can see is some minor variegation in the colour and surface texture of the leather. One of the pleasures of such shoes is that they are (at least, partially) made by hand from natural materials. Each pair is slightly different and has small details unique to it. You said you wanted the shoes and not the drama, but I'm afraid the drama was entirely of your creation. And now you don't have...
Excellent. You've managed to make a gold Rolex look classy and understated. Would benefit from a long sleeve, but I like it.
^ Good point. This is also a helpful resource:http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htmI didn't realise until I read this that lacing can be used to make small adjustments to fit. In particular, there are lacing patterns - called "Gap," "Straight Bar," and "Straight Easy" here - which can relieve pressure on a high instep by reducing the quantity of lace beneath the facings.