or Connect

Posts by atia2

Those are triumphant. Country club calf.
Maiden voyage, innit.
I have never been drawn to the minimalist aesthetic of Nomos. It tells no story to which I can relate. I don't like Skagen watches either. Or Ikea furniture. Somehow these things don't seem REAL, as if they are empty models of reality instead of reality itself.
^ I don't think it's silly at all. Clean, simple design, avoiding unnecessary fuss. Chunky brushed gold, wide milling on the bezel, solid and straightforward lugs. The black strap and dial work well with the gold. It's what Rolex would have made in a steampunk parallel universe. A keeper.
Strictly speaking, this thread is about poor men. The cost of the watch should be irrelevant.
I like the typeface. There is something of the departures board about it. Consequently, it feels functional, efficient, and makes me think of foreign travel. Congratulations.
For me, the gold doesn't sit well with the watch's military credentials. As a result, it looks like gratuitous bling.
Nor a cigar.
Now that I think about it, the only solution commensurate with the shoes being protected is not moccasins, but a chauffeur.
Maybe it's time to invest in some driving shoes?