or Connect

Posts by StyledbyShawn

Hello all! We all know deciding on what tie to wear with a particular dress shirt can be a daunting task! My question: What is the difference between the type of shirt (color, pattern and the scale of the pattern) you would wear with a pin dot tie versus a polka dot tie of the same color, scale and fabric? Thank You!
[IMG]l Is this a matter of body type,jacket cut, camera angle etc... Also,please guess my height from these pictures. All other comments are welcome as well. Thank You
Nope :)
Thanks I am glad you liked the pattern and color scheme, the sport coat is now being put through some alterations.
  Hello, I've tried to size up in multiple brands but it always gives me that dreaded "sack" look. I defiantly think some issues with the fit can be fixed. I am losing some weight and with a bit more weight loss I think a lot of the issues you speak about will be corrected. I took out the ridiculous amount of shoulder padding in the sport coat and the issue of the divots has been fixed. I am also going to Lenten the sleeves and tailor the trousers. When this is done I...
Thanks I am glad you like the patterns! That jacket is now being put through some serious alterations.
I defiantly see that the fit of the sport coat Isn't ideal. I have gone a size up and it just gives me the "sack" appearance. I think I may begin purchasing regulars instead of short. Also, I continue to lose weight so I think that will help the fit (waist suppression and chest). I took out the shoulder pads last night and the divots are gone. I'm going to post pictures of the entire outfit once again when the sleeves are lengthened and the pants tailored. Thank You
I think that is great advice! The shirt is actually grey with white French cuffs. I am trying to focus on building good pattern combinations before I get everything tailored because I am currently losing some weight. I can certainly see some areas where I need to improve. I think I might be able to fix the divots by removing the ample amount of shoulder padding. Thanks for the awesome input.
Hello everyone this is my first post on the thread! I am just beginning to (hopefully) maximize my potential in dressing well. I am looking for some constructive criticism, the good bad and the ugly! Thanks
    Hello everyone this is my first post on the thread! I am just beginning to (hopefully) maximize my potential in dressing well. I am looking for some constructive criticism, the good bad and the ugly! Thanks