or Connect

Posts by skeetybug

These companies are bullies!! Now they are using the "trade dress codes" to sue all others out of existence. I am sure if you give them part of the profits, it will be fine and dandy!! I am sure that's how room and board got away selling the fake Saarinen table and the fake Barcelona chairs they called "Seville". So it is the "licensed copies" that make other snobs here happy? Gus modern; a reputable company sells a similar chair to the eames plywood lounge chair so I...
I have been reading this thread since day one and I must say that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I do support local designers and I will definitely support their products if it is affordable to me. Some guys/gals that make $36,000 a year may not have the same spending ability as others who earn significantly more. I for one will NOT buy a FAKE Rolex even though the name "Rolex" is printed on the watch. That is a counterfeit. On the other hand, if SEIKO created a...
I finally found two companies that sell the best eames replicas: they are iconicinteriors in the uk and mcmclassics in Usa. I have a pleasure of getting both and they are identical. I was furnishing a lobby of a condo and they wanted commercial quality lounge chairs but at a really good price and I bought one from iconic and another from mcmclassics and they are as good as the original if not better because the rubber shock mounts came with 4 screws each instead of two. If...
Anyone has any ideas about the mcmclassics version?
Does rove concepts' version has removable cushions and rubber shock mount that connect the seat to the back that allows the back to stretch?
Does an original eames lounge chair really hold its value? A look on ebay, you will know that is not the case. Lets just say you paid $4500 and after a few years you still think that you will get $4500? $2000! if you are lucky then you are losing $2500.
I am too obsessed with the eames lounge chair and recently bought numerous reproductions from eBay, amazon, kardiel and am greatly disappointed with qualities. I have since sold all of these on Craigslist but it did took me a while recoup my money. Recently I have come across a store in Maryland and saw an exact copy of the lounge chair down to the removable cushions with clips and rubber mount under the arms. The price is 1/4 of the original about $1600. I am totally...
My client gave me a budget and tell me what they want. I simply steer them to the right directions and pointed out to them the pros and cons. Recently I was furnishing a multi-million dollar mansion, but the owner is not willing to pay $4700 for the Barcelona chair. But with a $650 knock off? He said go ahead and get me 4!!
As an interior decorator, I worked with clients with all sorts of budget. Personally I am a big fan of the eames lounge chair. I sat on one and it is so comfortable that I can fall asleep on it. Now will I be able to afford one? Probably not. I have bought the cheap replicas from amazon, kardiel, and now after hearing what edsal17 said, I will not buy from rove concepts as well. I know for a fact that if these replicas don't have the rubber shock that connect the seat to...