or Connect

Posts by weshelm

This is exactly what I have going on, but much worse, on my black pair. Any idea what is causing some of us to get this kind of wear? The only thing I can think of is that perhaps too much oil softening up the leather plus vigorous water brushing might be causing it. Any thoughts Crane? It doesn't overly bother me on the blacks, but I am thinking about picking up a pair of browns and I don't want to repeat the same mistakes...
I had the same issue. I sized up a half size and felt at first like my feet were swimming. I realized I only had a tiny bit of heel slip... The toe boxes were just huge which made them feel big. I added some thin insoles since I have a low volume foot and they fit perfectly and are far more comfortable than the smaller size.
I have the same thing happening on my black 1000 miles, particularly on the toes. It seems to be spreading. The boots are well oiled and LP'd via Crane's method, and I am just wearing them around town with no special abuse- I have no idea what is causing it. Anybody have any ideas what causes this? General abrasion? Any way of preventing it? I spent a long time water brushing and buffing, which helped it to blend in better, but definitely did not restore the original...