or Connect

Posts by docalden2013

I also wear a size 31 in jeans (e.g., The Flat Head, Pure Blue Japan, and the Strike Gold), as well as in chinos and trousers. I took a size small in the BDU pants this season. And I am swimming in them (i.e., drawstring in full effect working in concert with belt). Perhaps others can chime in about the seemingly more fitted pants.
I'm the same size in tennis trainers, regardless of whether they're unfinished hh or other leather (team Loden here)Fwiw, I also take the same size in gats (and will soon confirm whether hh gats are a parallel fit once the hh's bry2000 sold me arrive later today!!)
I like to place them on a drying rack in a tub after soaking. Alternatively, I've used these cool jeans hooks from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/NAHANCO-SHKLGRS-Steel-Jeans-Hook/dp/B00MK00D5U
Those look even better in your closeup. Thanks so much for pointing out the Converse option. Will definitely call them for help, since the website only has basic red, blue and black available.
Very nice collection, IIIrd. My 1035 collection is growing, having acquired horsehide derbies, beige calf derbies, horsehide service boots and the waxed flesh service boots this past year. I wholeheartedly concur about the last being comfy and straddling the workboot vs dress fence well enough. If you would be so kind as to share, where did the olive/military green laces come from? Been looking for a pair all over the place and didn't quite find what I was looking for with...
I know you speak Epaulet fluently. Let's just say that PBJ's slim tapered fits are consistent the way you'd expect from a Rivet chino; once you figure out sizing, it's just about dialing in the texture and the color of the weft that best suits your style. If you're looking for more of a walt fit, you might go to a slim straight cut, like maybe a Flat Head model 1001 (see Rivet and Hide). I know you listed budgetary constraints, but I'd recommend modifying the budget upward...
I know the stretch factor was a thing, but since you said you're inclined to grab something different, why not consider Pure Blue Japan? Always interesting textures and fading potential. You can either go classic right hand twill and end up with interesting, slubby textures. See, e.g., the 18 oz xx-013 model sold at Blue Owl or BiG. About a 7" opening (as most of their slim taper fits have). Pairs well with most things, including your Aldens and Ep shirts. If you want a...
Indeed. Doesn't matter what the shirt is called. If it's an Ep EFF purchase, everyone wins 
Rocket popsicle is a different fabric; it's the one that is often used to illustrate the band collar when EFFs are advertised. (I have that exact shirt from last summer)
So the sample sale was the issue. Thanks for clarifying.