or Connect

Posts by docalden2013

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Dubs.I'd recommend staring at your awesome shell collection. That usually makes me feel better when times are tough. Seriously though, do as Burzan says and get some quality rest. Lots of people relapse from pneumonia just as they think they're turning the corner.
Hi ReppI bought the tobacco chamois Greenwich boots from Leffot this past winter. In my experience, there has been minimal stretching. I'd try to size conservatively.Good luck!Preordered the reverse tobbaco boots today. Very excited to beat them up in the snow this winter.
Just when I thought I was out...   I'm very excited about that Leffot preorder just announced today. I want the reverse tobacco boot. Like MrDV said, I wouldn't have minded brass eyelets. It would have been absolutely perfect for me if the boots had speedhooks (which I prefer for casual-use boots).    Before trigger is pulled, is anyone aware of a wingtip reverse tobacco chammy boot that actually has the speedhooks?   Thanks in advance...   Still breaking in my...
Nice combo, B. Waiting to get my petrol blue Walts hemmed. Sadly, I'm told the tailor won't be in until after I've begun a very long day of work. Grrr...
We could work something out. I've been thinking of cutting the cadets and pasting a black longwing. Most of my cadet wears (like 5 of the last 6 or so wears) has been for casual purposes. I tried once with a suit and felt regret for the rest of the work day. Jeans and a grey tshirt are no problem for the cadet. My cigar ptbs get almost no wear. I've even tried putting them by the door so they'll get some action on the way to morning summer camp dropoffs or trips to the...
To add to the black shell discussion, I and non-Alden-addicts seem to enjoy the lustre of black shell cordovan. I think it can be done casually enough and it certainly dresses up nicely. I bought the JC cadet shoe in black cordovan last year after I got a 25% discount from my personal shopper. I must say that it doesn't get much wear in my rotation. I'm still grappling with whether the shoe looks properly proportioned with 6 pairs of eyelets. If I were buying only one...
Bakes, thank you as always for being so helpful and forthcoming with the pics.  Your vote of confidence always brings me closer to the trigger pull. Thank you! This info is very helpful. I think the comfort of the flex sole will help me get over missing out on the BB foxing bonus.Let's hope so. It is, of course, arguable that the devil resides in my desire to spend money senselessly on Aldens and Vibergs.
Seven, thank you for pointing this out. I'm not sure how I missed this. Perhaps it's partially due to not seeing many dark brown suede tassels on this thread.  I'm interested in hearing opinions regarding the relative versatility of snuff vs dark brown suedes. I realize that the versatility of snuff suede has been thoroughly discussed. Along these lines, I initially thought about purchasing the snuff tassels debuting on JC today. However, when I think about the specifics...
Would the Alden last experts confirm my hunch that these are Aberdeen? I'm starting there because most tassels are on that last, but I know JCrew favors Barrie.  In a related note, where might one find dark brown suede tassels?
Thanks Ryden. Turnaround time is usually a day to nj. Can't wait.In other news, I'm wearing the crosshatch Kamigata for the 4th time in 7 days.