or Connect

Posts by silentfox74

There is no difference. It is a matter of cost.   A jar of Reno is $18-$23 depending on where you buy it.  A jar of shoe cream, depending on brand, can range from $6 to $18. The brand of cream i.e. Woly, Meltonian, Saphir, Kiwi, bugol, etc is also dependant on how much you are willing to spend, or what is available locally.  
Yes, thank you for telling me this.  skoaktiebolaget is currently out of stock and eta of new stock is probably Feb (which is this month).  Epaulet NY does have my size but I am still not sold on Cordovan Leather.  The only colour I am interested in is the midnight calf forest last but unfortunately 9.5 uk sizing are all taken.     This is personal preference but I just don't like how Cordovan doesn't creases like normal calf and the price point Epaulet is still $200...
With Reno, shoe cream is debatable in Singapore humid climate but wax would be ideal for some protection against humidity and rain.  
Thanks guys.  I am flat footed and that is why I find Alden/tricker's last are more comfortable.  Sigh, I wish Carmina offer something another colour rather than just black (non-cordovan) boots.  
So I have received my socks. The design I selected were herringbone black grey & black white.  If some of you think that the thickness is like a winter hiking sock, you will be wrong.  In fact, I would say it has a thickness of a normal sport socks.  I was hoping to use it as an alternative to a construction work sock but I will not pass judgement until I wear after a full days work.   Construction seems solid, no seams, and feels like a dress sock.  Maybe Viccel.com...
I bought my black quick release belt from http://www.worcestershireleathercompany.com/ and I am extremely happy with it.  Thick leather, and solid brass buckle.  The difference between a hand made belt and store (even some brand name belt) is noticeable.  I may buy my next belt from Equus Leather for comparison and their price point is more attractive.  
Nice.  This is a collection one day I hope to achieve. 
In terms of what readily available to acquire, I would say Church's, Tricker's, and Alden (coming from Allen Edmonds & Clarks).  C & J seem to have a shortage of sort in most of the online store I frequently visit.  You could try Carmina's online store, but after paying for custom, and shipping fee, the total cost would be over the 500 dollar range.  
Looking through Carmina's website, they have two different colour for Cognac.  Check out Model 080250-012 oxford and Model 000910-004 cordovan on their online store. Both listed as Cognac coloured, but two different shade of colour.  Maybe when the leather was selected, one cutter read it as "dark" cognac and the other as "tan" cognac.    
I am going to get flay alive for this suggestion, but if you want to risk it, try Shout/Oxy Clean...or just re-dye both shoe.