or Connect

Posts by antipattern

OP here. The other day, I remembered starting this thread. I've put these jeans to long-term use, so now have an opinion that takes their performance and reliability into consideration. I'm in the market for jeans, and Adriano Goldscmied is an option on the table. I figured I'd check in and see what happened with the thread, and share my thoughts on these jeans after having worn them for a while.   I wore a pair of Matchboxes in Jack (dark, unwashed indigo) for about...
  Believe me, there is plenty of this attitude around here, and that was not even close to the worst of it. Take it all with a grain of salt. It's easy to get offended but learn from it and take the good with the bad. Really, this website is one of the greatest resources available to people learning how to dress better. People here aren't afraid to say "that looks like shit" when it looks like shit. Most everyone else in the real world will censor their opinions even if...
  Could you explain? This obviously isn't always a good idea, but depending on the associate it could be helpful.
There are many just-getting-started threads in existence. Search around. There is also a quick question thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/79716/ask-a-question-get-an-answer-post-all-quick-questions-here. Check out the WAYWT thread for inspiration: http://www.styleforum.net/t/164384/the-waywt-discussion-thread. Also, check out the Best of WAYWT to find out what people have thought really stood...
I rarely buy a product knowing I will likely return it. Sometimes I know full well it's a roll of the dice, but there's at least a chance it will work out.
The first one, no question. The unbuttoned jacket looks good. It's formal without being stuffy, which is probably a look you want to go for considering how the other people there will be dressed.
  I want these. Bad. Too bad I can't find my size.
I know there are several threads about AG jeans, but they are at least a couple of years old so I'd rather not bump them. That said, I'd like to contribute my recommendation for the Matchbox, especially for people with larger legs who struggle with finding slim-straight jeans that fit both their waists and thighs, and still taper to a good fit in the calves and leg openings.   First off, my dimensions: I wear size 32 waist, 34 inseam (probably literally 33 but I like...
With the regular I could see the bottom part of my pockets and the very bottom of my fly. With the long, both are covered. The regular would be about right using the thumb rule. Also, the advantage of that would be that I wouldn't need to have the bottom tailored to be shorter.   I'll try some more regulars. I do plan to get the stomach taken in a bit, in addition to shortening the sleeves and tightening them a bit.   Thank you for your input!
Thanks, msulinski.   When I went to the first store, the guy measured my chest and said I'd wear a 40L. Every single jacket in this size fit perfectly, until I tried moving to the slim fits. This threw all the fit in the chest off, even if I moved up a size. No big deal, since I didn't think the regular fits looked bad at all.   Here are a couple of pictures of my favorite of the several I tried on. The edge of the shoulder on this one came barely past my...