or Connect

Posts by ShoesShoesShoes

Just a quick report back on my grenson boots. They are looking a lot better after a gentle application of renomat, followed by sponging with warm water. I think that now they have dried out it is possible to see that they might benefit from another gentle warm sponging - there is still some wax embedded in the leather.   I was wondering about the next step - it was suggested that I use Saphir Renovator - presumably this contains no waxes? Just a little nervous having got...
Thanks guys, that blog post is particularly interesting. I was wondering, given the quality of their shoes, why they were not known about more widely or featuring within retailers ranges. Perhaps this is because they are still a 'small family business'.   That video is just a pleasure to watch. I think I will watch it again. And again.
Thank you for your suggestions!   I think that most if not all of the black mark had gone, and I don't think it is at all a factor in the mark that is left - what's left is unfortunately much worse, covering a larger area. I suspect you are right that I applied too much and too vigorously. I probably didn't let it try fully before applying the cream.   I will give your suggestions a try and report back!   Thanks again
I have had a bit of a Renomat disaster. I probably definitely should have posted a pic of the boot before arming myself with Renomat but I am hoping it is possible to be rescued from the mess I am now it.   The Grenson boot below had a very bad black mark on it - quite a big mark, not sure what the origin of the mark was, but it was certainly not coming off with simple cleaning.   I armed my self with some Renomat and was quite enthusiastic with my application....
Hi   Whilst I can find the odd reference to Buday shoes on here and one other forum site, other than their website it seems very difficult to find out much about this brand.   Does anyone have any direct experience of buying from them or their product?   I came across some of their shoes recently - they appear wonderfully made but I wonder what the story is behind them and where I might find their shoes in a shop somewhere (other than Budapest - though I am...
Many thanks - I was beginning to think that nobody on this thread had any non-welted shoes!   This thread is a wonderful resource. I am hooked.
Is there any reason why we shouldn't use shoe trees to help preserve non Goodyear welted footwear. I have Goodyear welted shoes which I carefully preserve using wooden shoe trees. However, having recently purchased some shoes that are not welted, I am wondering whether there might be any reason not to use a shoe tree. Presumably a Blake stitched shoe would still benefit from being stored with a shoe tree, but what about a pair of bonded shoes?   Of course I know I am...