or Connect

Posts by pskusa

will the girls go bananas?
I'm assuming most of you are aware of microneedlers and their cosmetic use.   I went ahead and ordered a 1.5mm needler online (used ebay), and am going to be using it on most of my body. I'm excited for it since the potential benefits are welcoming to me, along with it's ability to increase the absorbtion of ointments and topical treatments (i.e. coconut oil, retinoids, vitamin A&E).   Has anyone else used a microneedler, or is currently using one? Care to share...
Hoping I get my first set of shoes (getting AEs) tonight! Let's hope ebay pulls through :)   Going for brown stockbridge, and black delrays.
Again, thanks for all the input.     What I'm deciding to do is build up my wardrobe slowly. I'll buy a few cheap (but decent quality) items from thrift stores (mainly trousers and possibly shirts), but everything else I'll have to save up for I'm thinking. Ebay looks like a promising place to start collecting; in fact, I have been looking at some loafers and oxfords (AE and Artioli so far) that I may invest in.   I do want to get a decent suit someday this...
Thanks for the replies.
Being a college student (with no job), my budget is severely limited when it comes to everything.   I'm limiting myself to thrift shops, for now, on my search for good clothes. Most of the brands I come across, though, aren't acclaimed on SF. I assume the majority of what I see are the brands people really avoid on these forums (cole haan, haggar, boss, dickies).   This is what I come across, though. Do most people notice the difference between these and better...
I'm not sure what's considered good in terms of item hunting, but I found a somewhat decent pair of sperry's today for $5.30. They need some cleaning (I'm thinking of buying some refurbishing supplies for shoes I'll be buying), but I think they'll work fine for when the summer comes. That gives me two sperry's now :)           What I still need to find/buy: More long-sleeved shirts A cardigan or peacoat A full suit (or two) Decent...
Thanks for the response. Yes, I should have been more specific :P perhaps what I was aiming for was just an overall introduction to this realm of men's fashion.     However, I've gotten a good kickstart from reading R. Smith's "Men's Style: The Thinking Man's Guide to Dress". Probably not an authoritative document, but it sure is helping! When I shop through thrift stores, what peaks my attention (although I haven't been around to many yet, I only recently began) are...
What are some basic rules or guidelines I can take into consideration when judging the quality of an item?   I'm slowly expanding my knowledge of clothing and dress by learning new terms, brands, and guidelines for wearing and buying clothing. However, there is no definitive guide out there that offers a holistic approach, or introduction, to the world of dressing well. I also don't have any guidance in real life, seeing as my family and friends don't care to dress...
What I gather from reading through this thread (partially, anyway ) is that I should snag up rare and quality items, even if I don't fit into them. Is this a good idea?   I am new to thrift shopping (and dressing well itself), but did come across a BB 346 line suit jacket today. $15 from what I recall. Any thoughts on taking up items like this? I definitely don't have the trained eyes that many of you have for good items (and brands).