or Connect

Posts by Yorker

retailed for 10K? really? that seems like an exaggeration.        edit: I take back my previous statement. I went to the same sample sale, but this years edition. They did indeed have bolts of fabric with original prices of 10k and up. 
Whats the proscribed solution to pant lining stains on wool flannel pants? I've got two pairs that could use some work.
whats the accepted standard for cleaning stains in wool pant linings? Picked up some excellent gray flannels, only problem is some suspect stains.
I stopped by barneys in LA to check out the new Cifonelli RTW line. Though they only picked up a handful of pieces, it was really interesting checking them out. Quality is excellent. I was surprised by the smaller lapels on the suits, when the SC's had a wider notch. Would love to have one of their SC's if I had the cash. The shoulder and chest shape was really excellent.
Thrift Bros:   I am in LA. Anyone know of cool things happening in / out of the thrift world?   Here until Tuesday.
Hmm. I think they were priced at 700 or so each, I'll go back and check on tuesday. I just went on a date with one of the employees, so maybe I could get a discount 
Does anyone here know if Tom fords embroidered dinner jackets are significantly more expensive than his standard fabric ones? A local shop has two shawl collar dinner jackets with unreal elaborate embroidery all over them.
Yeah, they sold for just under $400, so I'm kind of disinclined to take a return, but I'll just see how it goes.
I just sent back some more info, saying they were def authentic. I think if the buyer keeps pushing I'll just wait it out / deal with the return process through eBay customer support.