or Connect

Posts by The_Foxx

thanks, guys-- keep the ideas coming please! I actually just picked up a very light tan RLPL shirt on sale, altho not sure if it would work with the suit. Sounds like I could use the very pale blue shirt I've been craving might work, and like the idea of the solid black or blue grenadine-- possibly even a very dark brown as suggested.
Just got the suit today, it is a pretty trim fit (from the RLPL custom fit line). The suit is is an extremely "taupey" color, however, and almost seems to be more of a brown suit than anything resembling the black and white glen plaid I was expecting. I think it will take some getting used to, as it is the complete opposite of the "wall street business suits" I'm used to buying. So, suggestions welcomed for shirt and tie strategies-- my wife loves it, likes the...
Vox-- Was just admiring the photo of your navy blazer (patch pockets), gray trousers, I think a pale blue shirt, and what appears to be a gray knit necktie with navy dots? Tie reminds me of a drake's tie I have, but have been unable to find this color combo-- may I ask where you acquired it? I'd like to own one! thanks! Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Here are the last five odd jacket/pants combos that I have posted: -...
thanks, guys. darn, that is more $$ than I expected, might be a while before I go that route. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the photo shoots and comparisons of styles and hope for more. Someone put the screws to Whnay for more pix of his new duds as worn, willya?!? Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. Actually I would go a little further than that Bill. If your going to shell out that kinda dough at a minimum you need at least one fitting in Naples....
what the hell ever happened to Cuffthis, by the way? maybe after he opened his wine shop, he stopped caring about tailored clothing as much (but kudos to discounts offered to those sporting pocket squares, etc.)! I think the real flusser draw for me has always been the photos and illustrations (ditto for liking the Rake magazine). I mean, that's really where I get ideas on what to wear / how to make my own wardrobe more versatile, or even shop for a new shirt or tie. ...
nice-- the side-by-side helps a lot to look at the different styles. I guess the things I really like about the rubinacci are the sharp, wider lapels angled upward (at least, they look that way to me). I'd also guess that to achieve a nice drape on the jacket, the shoulders are cut a bit wider since softer. the lapels of the Steed look shorter, less angled, and might possibly have a slight space between the lapels and the collar? Damn, I would really like to own a...
I've been following this thread for a while-- wish there were more actual A&S photos on the thread, but have learned a lot from reading/ seeing what's here. One of the things I'm starting to see is the DB suits appear to be much more difficult to make-- and come in various italian and english styles. I have to say, however, that matt's rubinacci stands head and shoulders above the rest I've seen lately (differ from steed's shorter lapels and button placement, I'm sure). ...
great idea-- I def think the NoVAs should to a get together in the DC area, and the W looks like an excellent place for a meet up. My own two cents on tailoring-- there are some alterations that most any tailor can do (take in sides of a jacket, trouser waist/ length) and can be done inexpensively, and even retail stores can handle these. Next level required (shortening shirt sleeves/ moving the placket, jacket collar work, working on a previously tailored jacket to...
Damn, all you guys are in the NoVA area? How come we haven't had a cool forum meetup yet, someplace like Clyde's / Cafe Milano, etc? Everyone I know who needs major surgery goes to Fields in DC, especially for tricky alterations (but heard he takes a LONG time to complete a job). http://www.fieldtailors.com/ I've had a very good experience with Matt's Tailor at the corner of Broad (leesburg pike) and Maple Avenue in Falls Church, he has done everything from...
from what I understood in a call to the BH store, tuxes weren't marked down that much-- I think they quoted me just under $3k for the peaked lapel grosgrain-silk faced tuxedo nirvana that I'd seen in another store last month. still my favorite tuxedo I've ever seen, with the Isaia (identical details but with double vents) special for the Saks NYC store a close second. RLPL suits have always been true-to-size and a great fit for me. If you end up purchasing, please...